-   -   Xen VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview HVM Virtual Machine with Xen 4.2-unstable Changeset 25070 and Linux Kernel 3.3.0 in Ubuntu 11.10 amd64 dom0 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/647693-xen-vga-passthrough-windows-8-consumer-preview-hvm-virtual-machine-xen-4-2-unstable-changeset-25070-linux-kernel-3-3-0-ubuntu-11-10-amd64-dom0.html)

"Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)" 03-22-2012 02:29 PM

Xen VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview HVM Virtual Machine with Xen 4.2-unstable Changeset 25070 and Linux Kernel 3.3.0 in Ubuntu 11.10 amd64 dom0

Dear Xen Users and David Techer,

It is only in the last few days that I have had great success with Xen
VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview HVM Virtual Machine with
Xen 4.2-unstable Changeset 25070 and Linux Kernel 3.3.0 in Ubuntu 11.10
amd64 dom0.

Please do watch my Youtube video on successful Xen VGA Passthrough to
Windows 8 Consumer Preview HVM domU.

Youtube video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGH05ZoMk6o

The duration of my home made video is only 26 minutes. My Youtube video
demonstrates Xen VGA Passthrough of my Palit NVIDIA Geforce 8400 GS PCI
Express x16 to Windows 8 Consumer Preview HVM.

Also read the documentation I have written for Xen, Linux Kernel and Xen
VGA Passthrough.

Article 1: Building and Installing Xen 4.x and Linux Kernel 3.x on
Ubuntu and Debian Linux

Version: 1.3
Filename of attachment: Building and Installing Xen 4.x and Linux Kernel
3.x on Ubuntu and Debian Linux - Version 1.3.pdf

Article 2: Xen VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit
English HVM domU and Windows XP Home Edition SP3 HVM domU with Xen
4.2-unstable Changeset 25070 and Linux Kernel 3.3.0 in Ubuntu 11.10
oneiric ocelot amd64 Final Release Dom0

Version: 1.3
Filename of attachment: Xen VGA Passthrough - Version 1.3.pdf

Please read the following xen-user and xen-devel mailing list threads:

(1) http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-users/2012-03/msg00510.html
(2) http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-03/msg01863.html

Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Yours sincerely,

Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore

Archive: 4F6B456A.8040007@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F6B456A.8040007@gmail.com

Arnt Karlsen 03-22-2012 03:40 PM

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 23:29:46 +0800, Teo wrote in message
<4F6B456A.8040007@gmail.com>:

> Dear Xen Users and David Techer,
>
> It is only in the last few days that I have had great success with
> Xen VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview HVM Virtual Machine
> with Xen 4.2-unstable Changeset 25070 and Linux Kernel 3.3.0 in
> Ubuntu 11.10 amd64 dom0.
>
> Please do watch my Youtube video on successful Xen VGA Passthrough to
> Windows 8 Consumer Preview HVM domU.
>
> Youtube video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGH05ZoMk6o

..successful? Like Obama, "I have 2 words," mine are, "Prove it."

..instead, you break up your alleged chain of evidence by
faceplanting your entire audience. Imagine if I came to SG,
grabbed you by your neck and planted your face onto whatever
you put your camera down on, to make that same noise with
your face, as many times. Yes I lost count, I was distracted
by that wanna-be jet engine or vacuum cleaner or whatever
whine on your _useless_ audio track. Lose it.

..next time, put your camera on a tripod or duct-tape it onto
your face or whatever so it _always_ records what you wanna
show us in a way that proves an _unbroken_ chain of evidence.
Verbal comments and no whine makes a nice useful audio track.

Scenarios always come in sets of three:

"Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)" 03-24-2012 06:58 AM

Xen VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview HVM Virtual Machine with Xen 4.2-unstable Changeset 25070 and Linux Kernel 3.3.0 in Ubuntu 11.10 amd64 dom0

Dear Karlsen,

That jet engine noise is really actually my Delta 12 cm 1.3 Amperes fan
in my computer casing.

As for audio track, I don't know what to say. Let the video speak for
itself.

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)

Archive: 4F6D7EB4.4030908@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F6D7EB4.4030908@gmail.com

Martin Steigerwald 03-24-2012 09:08 AM

Am Donnerstag, 22. März 2012 schrieb Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming):
> Dear Xen Users and David Techer,

Hi Teo,

> It is only in the last few days that I have had great success with Xen
> VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview HVM Virtual Machine with
> Xen 4.2-unstable Changeset 25070 and Linux Kernel 3.3.0 in Ubuntu 11.10
> amd64 dom0.

Now what at all does this have to do with Debian?

This is a Debian mailing list, not an Ubuntu one.

This also is not a Xen specific mailing list.

And what on earth do I want with Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

You mentioned it once here already, now you mentioned it again. You posted
it to various other mailing lists.

Everyone can look it up. Search engines for sure find. I just tried, for
"Xen VGA passthrough Windows 8 Consumer Preview" Google has you posts here
as first hits.

I think thats (more) than enough advertisement. Heck, you even posted it
in Phoronix forums, Xen-devel - while its no a developer topic as well I
suppose - and where else not.

So please keep it at that and do not post again here regarding this topic
unless someone asks about it and wants to know more.

Thanks,

Arnt Karlsen 03-26-2012 01:12 PM

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 15:58:44 +0800, Teo wrote in message
<4F6D7EB4.4030908@gmail.com>:

> Dear Karlsen,
>
> That jet engine noise is really actually my Delta 12 cm 1.3 Amperes
> fan in my computer casing.

..aha. You should replace that instrument of
torture with a silent fan.

> As for audio track, I don't know what to say. Let the video speak for
> itself.

..it did. Is why I asked you to remove it and replace
it with a new video with a sane audio track.