Old 03-22-2012, 10:48 AM
José Luis Segura Lucas

Default Reportbug from scratch

Hi!

I'm trying to get reportbug working. I tried to send several bug reports
and I was completely unable to see it published on the BTS of the packages.

I can't get any log from reportbug: I accomplish all the steps, selected
to send via SMTP and, after a few seconds, apparently reportbug confirms
that the bug has been sent and I can close the program.

My reportbug configuration file:

$ grep -v ^# .reportbugrc
reportbug_version "6.2.1"
mode standard
ui gtk2
email "josel.segura@gmx.es"
no-cc
header "X-Debbugs-CC: josel.segura@gmx.es"
smtphost "reportbug.debian.org"

If I try to send an email from CLI using the mail command, exim print
some error logs, but nothing when I try with reportbug.

In which way are the e-mail for the BTS sent?

Thanks in advance

--
José Luis Segura Lucas

Old 03-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Jon Dowland

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 12:48:46PM +0100, José Luis Segura Lucas wrote:
> I'm trying to get reportbug working. I tried to send several bug reports
> and I was completely unable to see it published on the BTS of the packages.

How long did you wait? (It takes a variable amount of time)

> My reportbug configuration file:
snip
> smtphost "reportbug.debian.org"
snip

> If I try to send an email from CLI using the mail command, exim print
> some error logs, but nothing when I try with reportbug.

Your reportbug is configured to connect to reportbug.debian.org,
short-circuiting your local exim, so that is not surprising. If
you want reportbug to connect to exim, change the quoted line
above to 'localhost', but you'll need to ensure your exim is
set up right.

If you type 'nc reportbug.debian.org 25', do you get an SMTP dialogue?

--
Jon Dowland

Old 03-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Tom H

2012/3/22 José Luis Segura Lucas <josel.segura@gmx.es>:

> I'm trying to get reportbug working. I tried to send several bug reports
> and I was completely unable to see it published on the BTS of the packages.
>
> I can't get any log from reportbug: I accomplish all the steps, selected
> to send via SMTP and, after a few seconds, apparently reportbug confirms
> that the bug has been sent and I can close the program.
>
> My reportbug configuration file:
>
> $ grep -v ^# .reportbugrc
> reportbug_version "6.2.1"
> mode standard
> ui gtk2
> email "josel.segura@gmx.es"
> no-cc
> header "X-Debbugs-CC: josel.segura@gmx.es"
> smtphost "reportbug.debian.org"
>
> If I try to send an email from CLI using the mail command, exim print
> some error logs, but nothing when I try with reportbug.
>
> In which way are the e-mail for the BTS sent?

Exim's not used when you set "smtphost reportbug.debian.org".

Have you tried "ui text" rather than "ui gtk2"? It *might* print out
an error to stdout.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 12:48:46 +0100, José Luis Segura Lucas wrote:

> I'm trying to get reportbug working. I tried to send several bug reports
> and I was completely unable to see it published on the BTS of the
> packages.

When a bug is reported successfully, you usually get a confirmation e-
mail. No e-mail, no bug report :-)

> I can't get any log from reportbug: I accomplish all the steps, selected
> to send via SMTP and, after a few seconds, apparently reportbug confirms
> that the bug has been sent and I can close the program.
>
> My reportbug configuration file:
>
> $ grep -v ^# .reportbugrc
> reportbug_version "6.2.1"
> mode standard
> ui gtk2
> email "josel.segura@gmx.es"
> no-cc
> header "X-Debbugs-CC: josel.segura@gmx.es"
> smtphost "reportbug.debian.org"
>
> If I try to send an email from CLI using the mail command, exim print
> some error logs, but nothing when I try with reportbug.

I would use the smtp service of GMX, directly.

> In which way are the e-mail for the BTS sent?

I would start over and re-configure reportbug again.

http://wiki.debian.org/reportbug

Besides, you can also use the GUI interface (gtk based), but be careful
because this interface it can break at any time, so if you are writing
long reports with lots of data included, save your report elsewhere, just
in case :-/

Remember that you can also send manual reports by e-mail, in the event
all of the above fails.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-23-2012, 05:52 AM
José Luis Segura Lucas

Well, I received the e-mail finally... it takes more time than usual,
but it worked, no configuration problem...

Excuse me for the spam :-)

--
José Luis Segura Lucas