Old 03-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Camaleón

Default OT: Chromium and HTTPS search machine by default.

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 22:07:49 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> Is it possible to set default search engine in chromium that uses HTTPS
> protocol?

Nobody replied to your bug? :-?

chromium: does not let to set as default https search engine.

> For now I have it in "Other search engines" of Basics / Search Engines
> and navigating at its line, no button "Make default" appears - like in
> "Default search options" and it seems no way that makes it possible to
> move the record of the desired search machine from "Other search
> engines" to "Default search options".

I don't know Chromium much but could it be possible to manually edit the
URI for the default search engine (http://) and once is set to default,
edit the URI part to append the "https://"?

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95653

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Sthu Deus

Good time of the day, Camaleón.

Thank You for Your time and answer.
You worte:

>> Is it possible to set default search engine in chromium that uses
>> HTTPS protocol?
>
>Nobody replied to your bug? :-?

Nobody. (

>chromium: does not let to set as default https search engine.
>http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=657045

Ah.

>> For now I have it in "Other search engines" of Basics / Search
>> Engines and navigating at its line, no button "Make default" appears
>> - like in "Default search options" and it seems no way that makes it
>> possible to move the record of the desired search machine from
>> "Other search engines" to "Default search options".
>
>I don't know Chromium much but could it be possible to manually edit
>the URI for the default search engine (http://) and once is set to
>default, edit the URI part to append the "https://"?
>
>http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95653

There! Thanks, Camaleón, again!