Old 03-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Jerome BENOIT

Default i wish to generate a Debian package from source written in c++ with makefile already prepared

Hello:

you may ask on the Debian mentor list.

hth,
Jerome

On 21/03/12 12:58, Gershon Celniker wrote:

i wish to generate a Debian package from source written in c++ with
makefile already ready,
so i used dh_make and prepared all the needed configuration file, all
but rules file - this one is a bit tricky, because i cant find a way
to execute the make command at the destination folder.

my question is how to write the generate file so it will copy the
source files to /usr/share/my folder and execute make command there.

Best,
Gershon Celniker
Bioinformatics developer - TAU - Tel Aviv University

Archive: 4F69CB4C.1010006@rezozer.net">http://lists.debian.org/4F69CB4C.1010006@rezozer.net

Old 03-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Alberto Luaces

Gershon Celniker writes:

> i wish to generate a Debian package from source written in c++ with
> makefile already ready,
> so i used dh_make and prepared all the needed configuration file, all
> but rules file - this one is a bit tricky, because i cant find a way
> to execute the make command at the destination folder.
>
> my question is how to write the generate file so it will copy the
> source files to /usr/share/my folder and execute make command there.

The install target in the rules file will install all the files into
your hierarchy. You don't place directly the files into the system, but
install them under the DESTDIR variable, where the package scripts will
find them. Here you have some tips:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7176065/how-do-i-create-a-native-debian-package-for-static-files

--
Alberto