Old 04-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Pierre Frenkiel

Default upgrade to Wheezy fails with aptitude

On Sun, 1 Apr 2012, Paul E Condon wrote:

Note that apt-get now installs recommended packages as default and is,
for its robustness, the preferred program for package management from
console to perform system installation and major system upgrades to
releases posterior to Lenny.

^^^^^^^^^

The better English word to use here is 'prior', which means earlier in
time rather than the backside of,

As far as I know, Squeeze is posterior to Lenny, and the recommended
tool to upgrade from Lenny to Squeeze is apt-get

--
Pierre Frenkiel

Archive: alpine.DEB.2.00.1204020832530.30890@pfr2.frenkiel-hure.net">http://lists.debian.org/alpine.DEB.2.00.1204020832530.30890@pfr2.frenkiel-hure.net

Old 04-02-2012, 07:10 AM