Old 03-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Csanyi Pal

Default After update/upgrade can't get X to start - SOLVED

"tv.debian@googlemail.com" <tv.debian@googlemail.com> writes:

> 20/03/2012 07:05, Csanyi Pal wrote:

>> on my Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid with kernel 3.2.0-2-amd64 I can't get
>> X Window to start.
>>
>> My Xorg.0.log can be seen here:
>> http://paste.debian.net/160383/
>>
>> How can I solve this problem?
>>
>> Any advices will be appreciated!

> Hi, when did the problem first occurred ? After a kernel upgrade ?
> right after the install ? Graphic driver update ?

> Outside of this possibilities, no clues from the log you've pasted. Do
> you see any other error messages during the boot process ? Anything in
> "dmesg" ?

Sorry, it's my mistake.

I purged the gnustep packages and after that in my .xinitrc I forgot to
comment the line for GNUstep.sh:
#. /usr/share/GNUstep/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

After I commented the line with # I can start X successfully.

--
Regards from Pal