Old 03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Nicolas Bercher

Default debootstrap doesn't support fakeroot variant

On a Squeeze, I'm trying debootstrap with variant fakeroot:

$ sudo debootstrap --arch=amd64 --variant=fakeroot squeeze
debootstrap-squeeze-amd64

E: unsupported variant

This is exactly bug 319100[1] (2005), which is tagged as "fixed":
- the error is the same,
- the man page states:

--variant=minbase|buildd|fakechroot|scratchbox
[...]

What should I do? Do I miss something? (fakeroot is installed)

Nicolas

Archive: 4F673C28.1040608@yahoo.fr">http://lists.debian.org/4F673C28.1040608@yahoo.fr

Old 03-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Tom H

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Nicolas Bercher <nbercher@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> On a Squeeze, I'm trying debootstrap with variant fakeroot:
>
> *$ sudo debootstrap --arch=amd64 --variant=fakeroot squeeze
> debootstrap-squeeze-amd64
> *E: unsupported variant
>
> This is exactly bug 319100[1] (2005), which is tagged as "fixed":
> *- the error is the same,
> *- the man page states:
>
> * * * *--variant=minbase|buildd|fakechroot|scratchbox
> * * * *[...]
>
> What should I do? *Do I miss something? *(fakeroot is installed)
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=319100

It's "fakechroot" not "fakeroot".

Why are you using "sudo ..."? I would've thought (although I've only
used "minbase" and buildd" in the past) that you wouldn't need sudo
when using fakechroot.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:01:12 +0100, Nicolas Bercher wrote:

> On a Squeeze, I'm trying debootstrap with variant fakeroot:
>
> $ sudo debootstrap --arch=amd64 --variant=fakeroot squeeze debootstrap-squeeze-amd64
> E: unsupported variant

(...)

By reading the man page, shouldn't be "--variant=fakechroot"?

(note the "ch")

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Nicolas Bercher

On a Squeeze, I'm trying debootstrap with variant fakeroot:

$ sudo debootstrap --arch=amd64 --variant=fakeroot squeeze debootstrap-squeeze-amd64
E: unsupported variant

(...)

By reading the man page, shouldn't be "--variant=fakechroot"?

(note the "ch")

Thanks you two!! It's insane the way I can be focused on something and
can't see the evidence.

Nicolas