-   -   Failed to open VDPAU backend for mplayer2. (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/646047-failed-open-vdpau-backend-mplayer2.html)

Sthu Deus 03-18-2012 05:31 PM

Failed to open VDPAU backend for mplayer2.

Good time of the day.

Using mplayer2 for playing video files I get this error always:

Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_r300.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory [vdpau] Error when calling
vdp_device_create_x11: 1

In order to solve it I tried to find a package that has

libvdpau_r300.so

file but w/ no luck.

Do You have any idea how I can make use of VDPAU w/ mplayer2 on my
system (testing, video ATI X1100)?

Thanks for Your time.

Chris 03-18-2012 06:13 PM

On 3/18/2012 1:31 PM, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good time of the day.
>

> Using mplayer2 for playing video files I get this error always:
>
> Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_r300.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory [vdpau] Error when calling
> vdp_device_create_x11: 1
>
> In order to solve it I tried to find a package that has
>
> libvdpau_r300.so
>
> file but w/ no luck.
>
> Do You have any idea how I can make use of VDPAU w/ mplayer2 on my
> system (testing, video ATI X1100)?
>

> Thanks for Your time.

Try this thread - I don't know if it helps.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-912820-start-0.html

--
Keep well,

Chris

Brian 03-18-2012 06:44 PM

On Mon 19 Mar 2012 at 01:31:39 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> Good time of the day.
>

> Using mplayer2 for playing video files I get this error always:
>
> Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_r300.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory [vdpau] Error when calling
> vdp_device_create_x11: 1
>
> In order to solve it I tried to find a package that has
>
> libvdpau_r300.so
>
> file but w/ no luck.
>
> Do You have any idea how I can make use of VDPAU w/ mplayer2 on my
> system (testing, video ATI X1100)?

Your post comes top of the list with a search on 'libvdpau_r300 debian',
which tells you something or nothing.

I rather liked

http://vsingleton.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/failed-to-open-vdpau-backend.html

partly because the solution is simple and partly because I like the name
'Vernon'.

Sven Joachim 03-18-2012 08:06 PM

See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=656719.

> Do You have any idea how I can make use of VDPAU w/ mplayer2 on my
> system (testing, video ATI X1100)?

You have to build mesa 8.0 or later with "--enable-vdpau" yourself.
However, it's probably not really worth it, since the mesa drivers
currently only implement the "P" part of VDPAU, while the more
interesting "D" part is only possible with the Nvidia blob.

A few weeks ago I tried vdpau with nouveau, and while it works, CPU load
is not any lower than with other backends.

Sven

Sthu Deus 03-19-2012 07:55 AM

Failed to open VDPAU backend for mplayer2.

Good time of the day, Sven.

Thank You for Your time and answer.
You worte:

>> Do You have any idea how I can make use of VDPAU w/ mplayer2 on my
>> system (testing, video ATI X1100)?
>
>You have to build mesa 8.0 or later with "--enable-vdpau" yourself.
>However, it's probably not really worth it, since the mesa drivers
>currently only implement the "P" part of VDPAU, while the more
>interesting "D" part is only possible with the Nvidia blob.
>
>A few weeks ago I tried vdpau with nouveau, and while it works, CPU
>load is not any lower than with other backends.

Besides performance I try to remove CPU 100% while paused on
video file - problem .

Can You prompt me how I can find out the plans on mesa - whither his/her
maintainer would compile his/her package w/ that support -
particularly and any other package of interest in general?

Sthu.

Sven Joachim 03-19-2012 05:19 PM

On 2012-03-19 09:55 +0100, Sthu Deus wrote:

> Besides performance I try to remove CPU 100% while paused on
> video file - problem .

This should not happen regardless of the backend used. Do you have this
problem in other video players as well?

> Can You prompt me how I can find out the plans on mesa - whither his/her
> maintainer would compile his/her package w/ that support -
> particularly and any other package of interest in general?

Sorry, I have trouble parsing that.

Sven

Sthu Deus 03-20-2012 08:10 AM

Failed to open VDPAU backend for mplayer2.

Good time of the day, Sven.

Thank You for Your time and answer.
You worte:

>> Besides performance I try to remove CPU 100% while paused on
>> video file - problem .
>
>This should not happen regardless of the backend used. Do you have
>this problem in other video players as well?

I know, but so it is.

W/ other players - I have installed vlc, and it worked OK.

>> Can You prompt me how I can find out the plans on mesa - whither
>> his/her maintainer would compile his/her package w/ that support -
>> particularly and any other package of interest in general?
>
>Sorry, I have trouble parsing that.

I meant, Do You a web page that monitors maintainers' plans on a
package - like the particular one (mesa) - whether they gonna compile
vdpau support?

Sthu.

Dave Thayer 03-21-2012 03:19 AM

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 03:55:13PM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> >> Do You have any idea how I can make use of VDPAU w/ mplayer2 on my
> >> system (testing, video ATI X1100)?

I believe that VDPAU is specific to nvidia cards, so your ATI wouldn't
be supported.

dt

--
Dave Thayer | Whenever you read a good book, it's like the
Denver, Colorado USA | author is right there, in the room talking to