-   -   filesystem mounted as noexec (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/645846-filesystem-mounted-noexec.html)

T o n g 03-18-2012 12:24 AM

filesystem mounted as noexec

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 14:43:41 +0100, Lorenzo Beretta wrote:

> Most likely your filesystem is mounted with noexec,

Bingo! Thanks!
Hmm..., but why? I didn't specify noexec for any of my mounted filesystems
except /proc:

$ grep noexec /etc/fstab
proc /proc proc defaults,noexec,nosuid 0 0

However, 3 of my reiserfs filesystems are mounted as noexec:

$ mount | grep reiserfs.*noexec | wc -l
3

All of them have the following controls in /etc/fstab:

auto defaults,users,notail,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=f lush

Does that means auto+defaults for reiserfs filesystems are noexec?

or maybe it is "barrier="? Actually two of them have barrier=flush and
one of them has barrier=1. I vaguely remember from the log that barrier=
is not supported by reiserfs but I didn't care about it before.

Please help.

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

Lorenzo Beretta 03-18-2012 12:23 PM

[...]

some google-fu, and a look at mount(8):
"""
users Allow every user to mount and unmount the filesystem. This
option implies the options noexec, nosuid, and nodev (unless overridden
by subsequent options, as in the option line users,exec,dev,suid).

"""

Archive: 4f65e1dc$0$1386$4fafbaef@reader1.news.tin.it">http ://lists.debian.org/4f65e1dc$0$1386$4fafbaef@reader1.news.tin.it

T o n g 03-19-2012 12:05 AM

On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 14:23:38 +0100, Lorenzo Beretta wrote:

> some google-fu, and a look at mount(8):

<embarrassed>, Thanks Lorenzo.