-   -   libflash (64 bit) problem on kongregate.com (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/645737-libflash-64-bit-problem-kongregate-com.html)

Loïc Grenié 03-17-2012 02:13 PM

libflash (64 bit) problem on kongregate.com

Hi all,

I have a 64bit Debian (sid) system. I have a problem with libflash.
I've installed flashplugin-nonfree and the plugin is reasonably
recent (11.1.102.62). However on some (most, all ?) kongregate
games, I cannot get to the effective game. For instance:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/TheSunrize/netbots

gets through the "Armor Games" splash and becomes solid
gray.

Is it a known problem ? Does anybody know how to get
the *actual* game ?

Thanks a lot,

Loïc

Camaleón 03-17-2012 04:03 PM

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 16:13:07 +0100, Loïc Grenié wrote:

> I have a 64bit Debian (sid) system. I have a problem with libflash.
> I've installed flashplugin-nonfree and the plugin is reasonably recent
> (11.1.102.62).

Latest is "11.1.102.63" :-P

> However on some (most, all ?) kongregate games, I
> cannot get to the effective game. For instance:
>
> http://www.kongregate.com/games/TheSunrize/netbots
>
> gets through the "Armor Games" splash and becomes solid gray.
>
> Is it a known problem ? Does anybody know how to get
> the *actual* game ?

Is something about connecting the bots?

I works here (lenny + firefox 11.0 + flash player from adobe, v.
11.1.102.63).

Try by cleaning the browser's cache (files, cookies...).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Loïc Grenié 03-17-2012 04:45 PM

2012/3/17 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 16:13:07 +0100, Loïc Grenié wrote:
>

>> * *I have a 64bit Debian (sid) system. I have a problem with libflash.
>> * I've installed flashplugin-nonfree and the plugin is reasonably recent
>> * (11.1.102.62).
>
> Latest is "11.1.102.63" :-P
>
>> However on some (most, all ?) kongregate games, I
>> * cannot get to the effective game. For instance:
>>
>> http://www.kongregate.com/games/TheSunrize/netbots
>>
>> * gets through the "Armor Games" splash and becomes solid gray.
>>
>> * * Is it a known problem ? Does anybody know how to get
>> * the *actual* game ?
>
> Is something about connecting the bots?

Yeah. (It works with firefox-32bits+veryoldflash-32bits).

> I works here (lenny + firefox 11.0 + flash player from adobe, v.
> 11.1.102.63).
>
> Try by cleaning the browser's cache (files, cookies...).

Unfortunately it was not sufficient.

Thanks,

Loïc

Camaleón 03-17-2012 05:20 PM

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:45:37 +0100, Loïc Grenié wrote:

> 2012/3/17 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:

(...)

>> Is something about connecting the bots?
>
> Yeah. (It works with firefox-32bits+veryoldflash-32bits).

Ensure that your browser is loading the abobe flash plugin instead gnash
or any other one (right click over the grey square game).

Is this the only game from the site that fails to load?

>> I works here (lenny + firefox 11.0 + flash player from adobe, v.
>> 11.1.102.63).
>>
>> Try by cleaning the browser's cache (files, cookies...).
>
> Unfortunately it was not sufficient.

Sorry to hear that. You can also try by getting Firefox 11 (no
installation required) with the latest available version of flash plugin
from Adobe and check if that works.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Loïc Grenié 03-18-2012 05:55 AM

libflash (64 bit) problem on kongregate.com

2012/3/17 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:45:37 +0100, Loïc Grenié wrote:
>
>> 2012/3/17 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
>
> (...)
>
>>> Is something about connecting the bots?
>>
>> * * Yeah. (It works with firefox-32bits+veryoldflash-32bits).
>
> Ensure that your browser is loading the abobe flash plugin instead gnash
> or any other one (right click over the grey square game).

It's flash: 11.1.102.63 (I've just updated !)

> Is this the only game from the site that fails to load?

No, unfortunately not, most (if not all) games that I've tried
fail to work.

>>> I works here (lenny + firefox 11.0 + flash player from adobe, v.
>>> 11.1.102.63).
>>>
>>> Try by cleaning the browser's cache (files, cookies...).
>>
>> * *Unfortunately it was not sufficient.
>
> Sorry to hear that. You can also try by getting Firefox 11 (no
> installation required) with the latest available version of flash plugin
> from Adobe and check if that works.

If failed with Firefox 6, Firefox 9, now Firefox 10 (actually iceweasel,
but it does not change). Unfortunately FF11 is available only as
32 bits builds. I'm not holding my breath also because it fails
also with konqueror (which is independent of Firefox).

Thanks,

Loïc

Chris Bannister 03-18-2012 07:03 AM

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 07:55:06AM +0100, Loïc Grenié wrote:
> 2012/3/17 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
> > On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:45:37 +0100, Loïc Grenié wrote:
> >
> >> 2012/3/17 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
> >
> > (...)

> >> * * Yeah. (It works with firefox-32bits+veryoldflash-32bits).
> >
> > Ensure that your browser is loading the abobe flash plugin instead gnash
> > or any other one (right click over the grey square game).
>
> It's flash: 11.1.102.63 (I've just updated !)
>
> > Is this the only game from the site that fails to load?
>
> No, unfortunately not, most (if not all) games that I've tried
> fail to work.

Youtube?

-- Napoleon Bonaparte

Loïc Grenié 03-18-2012 09:21 AM

2012/3/18 Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz>:
> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 07:55:06AM +0100, Loïc Grenié wrote:

>> > (...)

>> > Ensure that your browser is loading the abobe flash plugin instead gnash
>> > or any other one (right click over the grey square game).
>>
>> * * It's flash: 11.1.102.63 (I've just updated !)
>>
>> > Is this the only game from the site that fails to load?
>>
>> * * No, unfortunately not, most (if not all) games that I've tried
>> * fail to work.
>
> Youtube?

Works !

Unrelated but I've found something more: if I download the game and
open it directly with Firefox/Iceweasel then it works. There is probably
a problem with some kind of connection (ad-blocker somewhere in the
download chain).

Loïc

Camaleón 03-19-2012 09:59 AM

On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 07:55:06 +0100, Loïc Grenié wrote:

> 2012/3/17 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:

>> Ensure that your browser is loading the abobe flash plugin instead
>> gnash or any other one (right click over the grey square game).
>
> It's flash: 11.1.102.63 (I've just updated !)

Good :-)

>> Is this the only game from the site that fails to load?
>
> No, unfortunately not, most (if not all) games that I've tried
> fail to work.

Weird...

>>> * *Unfortunately it was not sufficient.
>>
>> Sorry to hear that. You can also try by getting Firefox 11 (no
>> installation required) with the latest available version of flash
>> plugin from Adobe and check if that works.
>
> If failed with Firefox 6, Firefox 9, now Firefox 10 (actually
> iceweasel,
> but it does not change). Unfortunately FF11 is available only as 32
> bits builds. I'm not holding my breath also because it fails also with
> konqueror (which is independent of Firefox).

It works and runs fine here (using 64 bits firefox and 64 bits flash
plugin). Maybe is something at your side... does your ISP has some
sort of proxy tha could be interferring? Can you try to access the site
from a different ISP?

JFYI, Firefox is now (since v10) officialy building 64-bits versions
for Linux:

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/11.0/linux-x86_64/en-US/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Loïc Grenié 03-19-2012 01:34 PM

2012/3/19 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
> It works and runs fine here (using 64 bits firefox and 64 bits flash
> plugin). Maybe is something at your side... does your ISP has some
> sort of proxy tha could be interferring? Can you try to access the site
> from a different ISP?

I've just tried from a different ISP (my computer is a laptop, that
helps !). Same thing

However !!!!

When I set

allowThirdPartyLSOAccess

to true, it works.

Now this is a little bit worrying (I don't know what it's for,
but it looks like it's privacy related).

Does anybody know what this setting is for ?

Thanks,

Loïc

Camaleón 03-19-2012 01:57 PM

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:34:17 +0100, Loïc Grenié wrote:

> 2012/3/19 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
>> It works and runs fine here (using 64 bits firefox and 64 bits flash
>> plugin). Maybe is something at your side... does your ISP has some sort
>> of proxy tha could be interferring? Can you try to access the site from
>> a different ISP?
>
> I've just tried from a different ISP (my computer is a laptop, that
> helps !). Same thing
>
> However !!!!
>
> When I set
>
> allowThirdPartyLSOAccess
>
> to true, it works.

Where did you set that value? Firefox (browser), Adobe Flash Plugin
settings? I don't remember of having to do any adjustment for it :-?

> Now this is a little bit worrying (I don't know what it's for,
> but it looks like it's privacy related).
>
> Does anybody know what this setting is for ?

Nope, sorry, never heard of that before :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón