Old 03-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Bret Busby

Default Problem with trying to instal Debian

Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 04:21:13
From: Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Problem with trying to instal Debian

On Saturday 17 March 2012 19:56:03 Brian wrote:

So you fill in all the fields pertaining to setting up a static address
and certify it is correct when asked.

I almost always set up a static IP. It is very simple. When the installer
asks you, reject the DHCP offer.

Lisi

The installer does not ask; it automatically goes to setup DHCP.

When that fails, then, and only then, does it ask if I want to set up
static IP addresses.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
A Trilogy In Four Parts",
written by Douglas Adams,
published by Pan Books, 1992
.................................................. ..

Archive: alpine.DEB.2.00.1203181146410.19801@bret-dd-workstation.busby.net">http://lists.debian.org/alpine.DEB.2.00.1203181146410.19801@bret-dd-workstation.busby.net

Old 03-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Chris Bannister

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 03:13:39AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> The IPW thing is the firmware required for the network adaptor. I
> think it is IPW200 or something similar.
>
> That is why I had to use the firmware instal, and the only way
> availabl;e, is using the netinst ISO.

http://raphaelhertzog.com/products/debian-cd-dvd/

-- Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 03-19-2012, 04:11 AM