Old 03-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Hendrik Boom

Default Can Pan sort threads by date of most recent post?

When I sort threads by date in Pan, it sorts them by their oldest posts,
that is, the first post made in the thread. Is it possible to get it to
sort threads by their most recent post, so I get the currently most
active threads near the top of the list?

If Pan won't do this, should I be using some other newsreader instead?

The present behaviour would seem to encourage people to start new threads
to get attention when an existing thread would provide better context.

-- hendrik

Old 03-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 19:55:25 +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> When I sort threads by date in Pan, it sorts them by their oldest
> posts, that is, the first post made in the thread. Is it possible to
> get it to sort threads by their most recent post, so I get the currently
> most active threads near the top of the list?

Mmm... you mean something like Thunderbird/Icedove or Evolution do?

If my memory serves me well, these put the latest updated thread at the
top, regardless the date of original posting. I don't think this can be
customized in Pan but I'm using an old version (0.132), so this may have
changed :-?

> If Pan won't do this, should I be using some other newsreader instead?

Thunderbird/Icedove or Evo ;-P

> The present behaviour would seem to encourage people to start new
> threads to get attention when an existing thread would provide better
> context.

Mmm, I prefer the Pan way... I find it a more logical approach (or maybe
is that I finally got accustomed to it). Anyway, I think that this should
be fully configurable by the user.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón