Old 03-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Peter Easthope

Default Setting Icedove defaults to text format

On 15/03/12 08:52 AM, Camaleón wrote:

This is done from menu Edit → Account Settings → [you account] →
Composition and Addressing and unckecking "[ ] Compose messages in HTML
format". This will default the postings for that account to text based
format.

Thanks. I should have reviewed
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMailingLists

Regardless your default format setting (explained above) you can switch
"on-the-fly" between text or html from the composition window using an
option with is accessible under menu Options → Format.

Yes, if the default is HTML. If the default is Text this option is
absent.

Thanks, ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 639 0202. bcc: peter at easthope.ca
"http://carnot.yi.org/ "
"http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/index.html#Itinerary "

Archive: 4F6227A9.8000606@easthope.ca">http://lists.debian.org/4F6227A9.8000606@easthope.ca

Old 03-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:32:25 -0700, Peter Easthope wrote:

> On 15/03/12 08:52 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> This is done from menu Edit → Account Settings → [you account] →
>> Composition and Addressing and unckecking "[ ] Compose messages in HTML
>> format". This will default the postings for that account to text based
>> format.
>
> Thanks. I should have reviewed
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMailingLists

Oh, it's a very complete list :-)

I only miss Gmail's webmail, which can be instructed to send text
formatted messages by clicking in "Plain text" at the compose window.
IIRC, it automatically remembers the last selection for the next messages.

>> Regardless your default format setting (explained above) you can switch
>> "on-the-fly" between text or html from the composition window using an
>> option with is accessible under menu Options → Format.
>
> Yes, if the default is HTML. If the default is Text this option is
> absent.

Mmm, yes, it seems there's no way back when the default is set to text.
Curious... I've never noticed because I always use html by default in
Thunderbird.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón