Old 03-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Mika Suomalainen

Default Setting Icedove defaults to text format

Hi,

You might also want to
> aptitude install enigmail
. Enigmail wizard can automatically configure Icedove to send plain
text and you would see GPG signatures of all people on list. It seems
that some people (even from those who are more active than I) use them
here.

On 15.03.2012 17:52, Camaleón wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 08:15:00 -0700, Peter Easthope wrote:
>
>> On 15/03/12 07:43 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>>> Icedove will use the default sending format setting defined for
>>> your account, which by default is "html".
>>
>> Where can the default be changed to text?
>
> This is done from menu Edit → Account Settings → [you account] →
> Composition and Addressing and unckecking "[ ] Compose messages in
> HTML format". This will default the postings for that account to
> text based format.
>
>>> You need to manually toggle "text format" at message composing
>>> when you want to get text based e-mails
>>
>> I've not found such a switch in Account Settings or in
>> Preferences. Where is it?
>
> Regardless your default format setting (explained above) you can
> switch "on-the-fly" between text or html from the composition
> window using an option with is accessible under menu Options →
> Format.
>
> Greetings,

- --
Mika Suomalainen