Old 03-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Mark Neidorff

Default Video server and client

Suppose that I want to put up some in house tutorials on a linux server and
have users on linux workstations view (and listen to, of course) these videos.
What is a good way to do this?

Thanks,

Mark

Old 03-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 20:18:18 -0400, Mark Neidorff wrote:

> Suppose that I want to put up some in house tutorials on a linux server
> and have users on linux workstations view (and listen to, of course)
> these videos. What is a good way to do this?

You mean broadcasting media streaming?

VideoLAN could do the job but also a simple local web server :-)

More options:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_streaming_media_systems

Greetings,

--