Old 03-13-2012, 06:05 AM
Bilal mk

Default debconf configuration question in one window

Hello,

I am trying to build a debian package for my web application. It will ask two question.

But i want this question in single window. Currently it will prompt two separate window.

Please help me how to do this on single window?

config

#!/bin/sh -e

# Source debconf library.

. /usr/share/debconf/confmodule

# server type?

db_input critical myapp/domain-name || true

db_input critical myapp/ip-address || true

db_go

templates

Template: myapp/domain-name

Type: string

Template: myapp/ip-address

Type: string

Thanks

Old 03-13-2012, 10:17 AM
"Karl E. Jorgensen"

Hi

I am trying to build a debian package for my web application. It will ask two question.

But i want this question in single window. Currently it will prompt two separate window.

Please help me how to do this on single window?

Whether questions are displayed as a single or two "windows" is entirely up to the debconf front-end - it is not under the control of maintainer scripts.

For example, the Gnome front-end will ask multiple questions in one window, whereas the dialog front-end will not.

In my experience: if you appear to need both questions asked "at the same time", the real problem is the templates: They should contain enough information for the user to make a sensible response of any single question - regardless of whether they are presented as one window with 2 questions or two consecutive windows.

Hope this helps