Old 03-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Wojciech Zabołotny

Default Option to disable touchpad when mouse is connected or when keyboard is used has disappeared :-(

Hi,

In my KDE4 based laptop I was using the option disabling the touchpad when mouse is connected and when keyboard is used.
What's interesting: this option was available when touchpad configuration was displayed separately in the "lost & found" section of "system settings" in KDE.

After certain update a few weeks ago (I'm using debian/testing) this option disappeared.
The touchpad configuration is available in the "input devices" section, but no possibility to switch it off automatically when mouse or keyboard is used is listed.

Unfortunately typing without this option is error prone, a the cursos jumps randomly when touchpad is accidentally touched...

How can I get this useful option back?
Wojtek

Archive: 4F5DC920.1000509@ise.pw.edu.pl">http://lists.debian.org/4F5DC920.1000509@ise.pw.edu.pl

Old 03-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Andrew Wood

I suspect its something to do with the update from the 3.1 to 3.2 kernel.

I've found under 3.2 my touchpad now simulates a click when tapped
(which it used to under 2.6 but never did under 3.1 and to be honest I
prefer it disabled).

I've also found touch screens which worked under 3.1 no longer do under 3.2

Not sure what they've done.

Archive: 4F5DED27.1040907@me.com">http://lists.debian.org/4F5DED27.1040907@me.com

Old 03-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:00:00 +0100, Wojciech Zabołotny wrote:

> In my KDE4 based laptop I was using the option disabling the touchpad
> when mouse is connected and when keyboard is used. What's interesting:
> this option was available when touchpad configuration was displayed
> separately in the "lost & found" section of "system settings" in KDE.
>
> After certain update a few weeks ago (I'm using debian/testing) this
> option disappeared.

(...)

Not sure if you're on the same boat but this may help:

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Doug

In my KDE4 based laptop I was using the option disabling the touchpad
when mouse is connected and when keyboard is used.
What's interesting: this option was available when touchpad
configuration was displayed separately in the "lost & found" section
of "system settings" in KDE.

After certain update a few weeks ago (I'm using debian/testing) this
option disappeared.
The touchpad configuration is available in the "input devices"
section, but no possibility to switch it off automatically when mouse
or keyboard is used is listed.

Unfortunately typing without this option is error prone, a the cursos
jumps randomly when touchpad is accidentally touched...

How can I get this useful option back?
Do you have access to Synaptics (note the "s" on the end)? This is a
program that will do exactly what you want, as far as
the mouse is concerned. AFAIK, it does nothing for a remote keyboard.
I use it with PCLinuxOS on a Dell laptop, and it

works perfectly.

--doug