Old 03-10-2012, 02:12 PM
"H.S."

Default recent version of iceape buggy?

Since the last some days, I am experiencing a slowness and sluggishness
in the text I type in Iceape's location bar (this version of iceape has
the new blue logo). For the first some times, it appears fine, but then
the response of the location bar slows down very fast and becomes
sluggish. Eventually, it starts missing typed characters and then iceape
crashes.

Anyone else experiencing this as well? This is on Debian testing, using
Iceape 2.7.2-1.

Regards,
HS.

ever having been read.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 10:12:51 -0500, H.S. wrote:

> Since the last some days, I am experiencing a slowness and sluggishness
> in the text I type in Iceape's location bar (this version of iceape has
> the new blue logo). For the first some times, it appears fine, but then
> the response of the location bar slows down very fast and becomes
> sluggish. Eventually, it starts missing typed characters and then iceape
> crashes.
>
> Anyone else experiencing this as well? This is on Debian testing, using
> Iceape 2.7.2-1.

Can't tell for your specific version but that usually happens in Firefox/
Iceweasel when your sqlite files need for a vacuuming.

Before anything, I would first try with an empty and fresh browser
profile and check if you still experience the slowness when typing at the
location bar from there.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-11-2012, 12:48 PM
"H.S."

On 10/03/12 01:38 PM, Camaleón wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 10:12:51 -0500, H.S. wrote:
>
>> Since the last some days, I am experiencing a slowness and sluggishness
>> in the text I type in Iceape's location bar (this version of iceape has
>> the new blue logo). For the first some times, it appears fine, but then
>> the response of the location bar slows down very fast and becomes
>> sluggish. Eventually, it starts missing typed characters and then iceape
>> crashes.

> Before anything, I would first try with an empty and fresh browser
> profile and check if you still experience the slowness when typing at the
> location bar from there.

I can give that shot, but the change occurred only during the recent
days. It was fine before then. I don't recall having this problem in
quite a while (a few years).

ever having been read.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:05 AM
"H.S."

On 10/03/12 01:38 PM, Camaleón wrote:

> Before anything, I would first try with an empty and fresh browser
> profile and check if you still experience the slowness when typing at the
> location bar from there.

I tried that today. It happens in the new profile as well. Mostly when I
am entering data in forms (login, search, etc.).

ever having been read.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 22:05:32 -0400, H.S. wrote:

> On 10/03/12 01:38 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> Before anything, I would first try with an empty and fresh browser
>> profile and check if you still experience the slowness when typing at
>> the location bar from there.
>
> I tried that today. It happens in the new profile as well. Mostly when I
> am entering data in forms (login, search, etc.).

Try by reinstalling the package (or check for a package update) and then,
should you encounter no gain and still sluggish, back to the last version
that workded fine. If you can't experience any delay with the last
working version I would open a bug report.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-20-2012, 11:45 AM
"H.S."

On 12/03/12 10:51 AM, Camaleón wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 22:05:32 -0400, H.S. wrote:
>
> Try by reinstalling the package (or check for a package update) and then,
> should you encounter no gain and still sluggish, back to the last version
> that workded fine. If you can't experience any delay with the last
> working version I would open a bug report.
>
> Greetings,

Well, I rolled back to the last version and so far it has not shown in
of the ill effects. I plan to file a bug report later today sometime.

Thanks.

ever having been read.