Old 03-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Joey L

Default the missing firmware files a bnx2/bnx2-mips-06-5.0.0.j3.fw

I am using an IBM x3650 7979 that i believe has a netextreme network card.
On install of Debian Squeeze - I get the following messege:

the missing firmware files are: bnx2/bnx2-mips-06-5.0.0.j3.fw

does anyone know how i can get around this ?
Make the network card be seen during install ? or after install ?

I have located a file bnx2/bnx2-mips-06-5.0.0.j3.fw in the debian repository.
But do not know how to or when to use it ?
thanks
mjh