Old 03-12-2012, 05:32 PM
0xAAA

Default KVM problem

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 12:12:11AM +0100, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
> I'll leave you there with your judgment call, but Blender is considered
> a bit more than "gruff" in the 3D modeling and video community, Yum is
> Fedora package manager, the developers will be delighted to know they
> are writing "stupid buggy python scripts". I obviously lack your broad
> knowledge of python, C and visual basic6 to understand how so many
> people have missed the obvious truth you are trying to spread. Let's
> hope the ignorant masses at RedHat have already started to rewrite
> virt-manager in C if they read this.

I dont want to start a flamewar about such a stupid question. I have programmed
a few small things with python and I have seen a lot of programms _programmed_
in python, which are really stupid.

I am using python especially for math problems and it works fine (if gnuplot
cant handle such things which is rarely...).

But when i compare it to the unix tools, which are mostly written in C, the
quality of python scripts are so bad and it hurts, too see stupid python error
messages while turning a virtual machine on or off... UNIX was about "quality"
and this is a major goal compared to other oses out there.

However, there might be problems out there which require python and it is good,
to have these option.

I stay with perl and C.

--
0xAAA

Old 03-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Neal Murphy

On Monday 12 March 2012 09:32:06 Jon Dowland wrote:

> My hunch was the problems were due to the software stack falling back to
> pure software emulation.

But why would it appear to run at full speed when using serial console, boot
without slowness or delay when using curses console, yet load and run
extremely slowly (if at all) when using VESA console?

And why would the *first* VM run normally, at normal speed, while the second
one hangs?

Even at full, pure emulation, the VM should not be running slower than a
PDP-8. Not on a dual athlon 5000+. Were it simply pure software emulation, the
VM would have continue to load and continued to operate, not hang doing
nothing.

On my dual athlon, replacing vga-bios.bin solved the problem. But it didn't
solve the problem on my friend's system.

Thewe's something vewy, vewy, scwewy wit' dis wabbit.