Old 02-29-2012, 01:31 AM
Stayvoid

Default XKBOPTIONS:"ctrl:nocaps" is not working with console-cyrillic

Hi,

I have no idea how to make it work.
"ctrl:nocaps" works fine if console-cyrillic is disabled.
Maybe console-cyrillic blocks /etc/default/keyboard...

Cheers

Old 02-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 05:31:19 +0300, Stayvoid wrote:

> I have no idea how to make it work.
> "ctrl:nocaps" works fine if console-cyrillic is disabled. Maybe
> console-cyrillic blocks /etc/default/keyboard...

Does it work when you're on a tty?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 02-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Stayvoid

> Does it work when you're on a tty?
I don't really understand why did you mention tty.

What should I do to check it?

Old 03-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 23:17:10 +0300, Stayvoid wrote:

>> Does it work when you're on a tty?
> I don't really understand why did you mention tty.

tty → terminal

> What should I do to check it?

Jump to a terminal of your choice and test from there.

What I'm trying to discern is a problem with the X server when you're
inside a graphical session.

Also, check for any open bug there could for the mentioned package
("console-cyrillic"):

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=console-cyrillic;dist=unstable

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Stayvoid

>>> Does it work when you're on a tty?
No.
(BTW, console-cyrillic doesn't work with X. Maybe it's not a problem
and I should use something else.)

> Also, check for any open bug there could for the mentioned package
> ("console-cyrillic"):
I haven't found any, but I found a solution.

Maybe it's not a "clean" one, but it works:
1. Install and setup console-cyrillic;
2. Add or uncomment the following line in /etc/console-tools/remap:
s/keycode 58 = Caps_Lock/keycode 58 = Control/;
3. Add /etc/init.d/console-screen.sh to your /etc/rc.local.

Cheers