Old 02-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Bernard van de Koppel

Default Chromium, the sync server is busy, please try again later (6.0.472.63 (59945) Built on Debian 6.0, running on Debian 6.0.4)

Hi,
I ran into an issue, where chromium in my Debian laptop won't sync with my my profile.I already removed the date from the google dashboard (https://www.google.com/dashboard/?hl=nl), but this does not seem to help.

Signing in to the account works fine (before and after the "stop synchronisation and remove data from google (translate from dutch)). But after the "configure sync" window, I get *the error "The sync server is busy, please try again later."
Hope someone can help,

Bernard van de Koppel

Old 02-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 22:45:22 +0100, Bernard van de Koppel wrote:

> Hi,

Hi. Please, no html formatted messages, thanks :-)

> I ran into an issue, where chromium in my Debian laptop won't sync with
> my my profile.
> I already removed the date from the google dashboard (
> https://www.google.com/dashboard/?hl=nl), but this does not seem to
> help.
>
> Signing in to the account works fine (before and after the "stop
> synchronisation and remove data from google (translate from dutch)). But
> after the "configure sync" window, I get the error "The sync server is
> busy, please try again later."

Have you already checked if the account has been confirmed? This usually
means that your e-mail address is properly verified.

Are you seeing further errors/warnings on your account settings?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Dan

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 22:45:22 +0100, Bernard van de Koppel wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>
> Hi. Please, no html formatted messages, thanks :-)
>
>> I ran into an issue, where chromium in my Debian laptop won't sync with
>> my my profile.
>> I already removed the date from the google dashboard (
>> https://www.google.com/dashboard/?hl=nl), but this does not seem to
>> help.
>>
>> Signing in to the account works fine (before and after the "stop
>> synchronisation and remove data from google (translate from dutch)). But
>> after the "configure sync" window, I get *the error "The sync server is
>> busy, please try again later."
>
> Have you already checked if the account has been confirmed? This usually
> means that your e-mail address is properly verified.
>
> Are you seeing further errors/warnings on your account settings?
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

Hi,

I run into the same problem. The problem is that the chromium version
is too old. I tried to solve it, but no success. Then I tried to
backport the chromium from sid, but some packages are too old in
squeeze to do that. At the end I recompile chromium with the source
that I downloaded from http://www.chromium.org/ Another option is to
install chrome... but I do like that. It would be great to have a
newer version in chromium in backports. That is a big problem with
Debian. I do not mind to have old versions of the software, indeed I
prefer to have a stable system. But the browser should be updated, or
at least have the option to use an updated version of the browser.

Best,
Daniel

Old 03-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:55:36 +0100, Dan wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 22:45:22 +0100, Bernard van de Koppel wrote:

(...)

>>> Signing in to the account works fine (before and after the "stop
>>> synchronisation and remove data from google (translate from dutch)).
>>> But after the "configure sync" window, I get *the error "The sync
>>> server is busy, please try again later."
>>
>> Have you already checked if the account has been confirmed? This
>> usually means that your e-mail address is properly verified.
>>
>> Are you seeing further errors/warnings on your account settings?
>

> I run into the same problem. The problem is that the chromium version is
> too old.

You mean the version included in Squeeze presents the bug? Then maybe it
could be officially updated although I'm not sure if it will be suitable
to be honored with such distinction :-)

> I tried to solve it, but no success. Then I tried to backport
> the chromium from sid, but some packages are too old in squeeze to do
> that. At the end I recompile chromium with the source that I downloaded
> from http://www.chromium.org/ Another option is to install chrome... but
> I do like that. It would be great to have a newer version in chromium in
> backports. That is a big problem with Debian. I do not mind to have old
> versions of the software, indeed I prefer to have a stable system. But
> the browser should be updated, or at least have the option to use an
> updated version of the browser.

The same happens with Mozilla programs, they get too old too quick.

I wonder what would be better, having a separate repository for Chromium
the same way there is one for mozilla or make the package available at
the backports. Have you contacted the current package maintainers?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón