Old 02-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Andrei POPESCU

Default How to share the Internet with Linux and an iPad by Wi-Fi?

On Du, 19 feb 12, 12:58:19, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I only enabled wireless, the DSL connection isn't set up by nm, it was
> set up by pppoeconf and starts automatically at startup.

You're probably better of doing it by hand, aproximate steps from
memory:

- disable network manager
- configure wlan0 with a static IP + netmask in /etc/network/interfaces
(but no gateway, this is important)
- install hostapd, dnsmasq and resolvconf if not already installed
- configure hostapd: which interface (wlan0), wpa2, wpa2 passphrase
- configure dnsmasq as DHCP server (uncomment one of the network
definitions in /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
- enable IP forwarding: I usually do this with shorewall since in such
cases I need a firewall anyway
- if MTU for you pppoe is set to 1492 you may need to clamp MSS to Path
MTU Discovery[1] (with shorewall or the iptables command mentioned on
that page

[1] http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.cookbook.mtu-mss.html

Kind regards,
Andrei

Old 02-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Mon, 2012-02-20 at 11:59 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Du, 19 feb 12, 12:58:19, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > I only enabled wireless, the DSL connection isn't set up by nm, it was
> > set up by pppoeconf and starts automatically at startup.
>
> You're probably better of doing it by hand, aproximate steps from
> memory:
>
> - disable network manager
> - configure wlan0 with a static IP + netmask in /etc/network/interfaces
> (but no gateway, this is important)
> - install hostapd, dnsmasq and resolvconf if not already installed
> - configure hostapd: which interface (wlan0), wpa2, wpa2 passphrase
> - configure dnsmasq as DHCP server (uncomment one of the network
> definitions in /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
> - enable IP forwarding: I usually do this with shorewall since in such
> cases I need a firewall anyway
> - if MTU for you pppoe is set to 1492 you may need to clamp MSS to Path
> MTU Discovery[1] (with shorewall or the iptables command mentioned on
> that page
>
> [1] http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.cookbook.mtu-mss.html
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei

Thank you Andrei,

I already tried this, but I'll try again, since your information allows
me to google more precise. I'm uncertain if I should test Wicd first.

Kind regards,
Ralf

PS:
The iwconfig part seems to be ok, the iptables part isn't.

$ cat adhoc
#! /bin/sh
# sh ./adhoc
# https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Adhoc

device=wlan0
sudo service network-manager stop
sudo ip link set $device down
sudo iwconfig $device mode ad-hoc
sudo iwconfig $device channel 4
sudo iwconfig $device essid 'oz'
sudo iwconfig $device key 1324354657
# sudo dhclient $device
sudo ip addr add 169.254.34.2/16 dev $device

#
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/routing-ip-masquerade-nat-question-880715/

# default policies
sudo iptables -t nat -P POSTROUTING ACCEPT
sudo iptables -t nat -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
sudo iptables -t nat -P PREROUTING ACCEPT
sudo iptables -t filter -P INPUT DROP
sudo iptables -t filter -P FORWARD DROP
sudo iptables -t filter -P OUTPUT DROP

# NAT on behalf of secondary LAN
sudo iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0 -j SNAT

--to-source 192.168.1.xxx

# forward packets from/to secondary LAN
sudo iptables -t filter -A FORWARD -s 192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0 -j
ACCEPT
sudo iptables -t filter -A FORWARD -d 192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0 -j
ACCEPT

exit 0

Old 02-25-2012, 09:03 PM
"Selim T. Erdogan"

Ralf Mardorf, 19.02.2012:
> On Sun, 2012-02-19 at 19:08 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Sun, 2012-02-19 at 12:58 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > > Connection name: Wireless connection 1
> > > [x] Connect automatically
> > > [x] Available to all users
> > > Tab "Wireless"
> > > SSID: oz
> > > Mode: Ad-hoc
> > > Band: Automatic
> > > (Channel: default)
> > > BSSID:
> > > Device MAC address:
> > > Cloned MAC adresse:
> > > MTU: automatic
> > > Tab "IPv4 Settings"
> > > Method: Shared to other computers
> > > (Adress:
> > > Netmask:
> > > Gateway:
> > > DNS servers:
> > > Search domains:
> > > DHCP client ID
> > > [x] Require IPv4 addressing for this connection to complete
> > > (Nothing edited for "Routes...")
> > > Nothing edited for tab "IPv6 Settings"
> > > Tab "Wireless security"
> > > Security: WEP 128-bit Passphrase
> > > Key: 1234567890
> >
> > I figured out that the key 1234567890 is the Password I need to type
> > using the iPad, nm shows "Wireless connection Last used now". Regarding
> > to http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/assistant/wifi/#section_1 I don't
> > have to set any Proxy settings on the iPad. Anyway, the iPad get no
> > access to the Internet. While the wireless connection is reconnecting
> > again and again and again, managed by nm, I need to run sudo poff -a and
> > sudo pon dsl-provider again and again and again. Using nm to do the
> > PPPoE connection doesn't work. Isn't there any howto for Debian and/or
> > Ubuntu?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ralf
>
> Switching to "WPA & WPA2 personal" nm disconnect all the time. The
> padlock icon on the iPad isn't shown anymore. The situation is more
> worse as when using WEP.

I would try an open network (no WEP/WPA) at first, just to minimize
potential stumbling blocks.

I have been able to get my wired ethernet shared over wireless using
network manager by choosing "create a new network" from nm-applet,
though I should say that it took a few tries and possibly some updates
(in sid) between the non-working and working attempts. I get the
feeling that ad-hoc mode is not supported as well as managed mode on
most devices, since almost all common use is managed.[*] And I mean
that the ad-hoc problems could affect either side --- the computer
sharing out its connection and/or the ones trying to connect.
Now my connection sharing seems to work fine, though the connection is
slow on some devices --- domain name resolution in particular.
[*] Today I was with a friend and we tried to share his 3G over
wireless, on his Windows 7 laptop, creating an ad-hoc network. His
WinXP laptop saw the ad-hoc network and connected but his cell phone and
his Samsung Galaxy tablet didn't see the network at all. His Samsung TV
saw the network but only connected once in about ten tries. (Usually,
it got an IP but no netmask/gateway or dns. Very strange.)

Old 03-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Mon, 2012-02-20 at 12:32 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-02-20 at 11:59 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > On Du, 19 feb 12, 12:58:19, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > >
> > > I only enabled wireless, the DSL connection isn't set up by nm, it was
> > > set up by pppoeconf and starts automatically at startup.
> >
> > You're probably better of doing it by hand, aproximate steps from
> > memory:
> >
> > - disable network manager
> > - configure wlan0 with a static IP + netmask in /etc/network/interfaces
> > (but no gateway, this is important)
> > - install hostapd, dnsmasq and resolvconf if not already installed
> > - configure hostapd: which interface (wlan0), wpa2, wpa2 passphrase
> > - configure dnsmasq as DHCP server (uncomment one of the network
> > definitions in /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
> > - enable IP forwarding: I usually do this with shorewall since in such
> > cases I need a firewall anyway
> > - if MTU for you pppoe is set to 1492 you may need to clamp MSS to Path
> > MTU Discovery[1] (with shorewall or the iptables command mentioned on
> > that page
> >
> > [1] http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.cookbook.mtu-mss.html
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Andrei
>
> Thank you Andrei,
>
> I already tried this, but I'll try again, since your information allows
> me to google more precise. I'm uncertain if I should test Wicd first.
>
> Kind regards,
> Ralf
>
> PS: [snip]

Hi

after

Commit Log for Tue Feb 21 02:25:34 2012

Removed the following packages:
network-manager
network-manager-gnome
network-manager-pptp
network-manager-pptp-gnome

Commit Log for Tue Feb 28 06:50:45 2012

Installed the following packages:
bridge-utils (1.5-2ubuntu1.1)
dnsmasq (2.57-1ubuntu1)
dnsmasq-utils (2.57-1ubuntu1)
hostapd (1:0.7.3-2build1)
libnl1 (1.1-6ubuntu1)
openresolv (3.4.0-1)
shorewall (4.4.21-1)

the LED of the WLAN USB adapter doesn't flash anymore, IOW the adapter
isn't detected anymore.

Doing this

Commit Log for Wed Mar 7 02:58:51 2012

Completely removed the following packages:
shorewall

Commit Log for Wed Mar 7 03:19:26 2012

Installed the following packages:
network-manager (0.9.1.90-0ubuntu5.1)
network-manager-gnome (0.9.1.90-0ubuntu6)
network-manager-pptp (0.9.0-0ubuntu2)
network-manager-pptp-gnome (0.9.0-0ubuntu2)

Commit Log for Wed Mar 7 18:46:29 2012

Completely removed the following packages:
bridge-utils
dnsmasq
dnsmasq-utils
hostapd
libnl1
openresolv

Commit Log for Wed Mar 7 18:49:03 2012

Reinstalled the following packages:
network-manager (0.9.1.90-0ubuntu5.1)
network-manager-gnome (0.9.1.90-0ubuntu6)
network-manager-pptp (0.9.0-0ubuntu2)
network-manager-pptp-gnome (0.9.0-0ubuntu2)

didn't solve it.

I just did some upgrades, but didn't use this Linux for more but running
Firefox and Evolution. I didn't edit any settings. Today I tried to
follow Andrei's hints, but seemingly something already gets broken when
removing nm or when installing those WLAN related packages. (Perhaps an
upgrade dropped support of the Sempre WU300 WLAN USB adapter.) I made
several backups, but I don't have a clue what I've to look for. It
should be possible to repair it by using one of the backups, if I should
know what needs to be repaired.

Regards,
Ralf

Old 03-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Andrei POPESCU

On Mi, 07 mar 12, 19:41:43, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Installed the following packages:
> bridge-utils (1.5-2ubuntu1.1)
> dnsmasq (2.57-1ubuntu1)
> dnsmasq-utils (2.57-1ubuntu1)
> hostapd (1:0.7.3-2build1)
> libnl1 (1.1-6ubuntu1)
> openresolv (3.4.0-1)
> shorewall (4.4.21-1)
>
> the LED of the WLAN USB adapter doesn't flash anymore, IOW the adapter
> isn't detected anymore.

These packages require manual configuration, it's not enough to install
them. The respective configuration files are heavily
commented/documented and I could assist (from memory) if you come up
with specific questions.

Kind regards,
Andrei

Old 03-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 11:40 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Mi, 07 mar 12, 19:41:43, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > Installed the following packages:
> > bridge-utils (1.5-2ubuntu1.1)
> > dnsmasq (2.57-1ubuntu1)
> > dnsmasq-utils (2.57-1ubuntu1)
> > hostapd (1:0.7.3-2build1)
> > libnl1 (1.1-6ubuntu1)
> > openresolv (3.4.0-1)
> > shorewall (4.4.21-1)
> >
> > the LED of the WLAN USB adapter doesn't flash anymore, IOW the adapter
> > isn't detected anymore.
>
> These packages require manual configuration,

I understand this ...

> it's not enough to install
> them.

... I just wondered that it looks like the driver doesn't work anymore,
since the WLAN adapter also is lost after reinstalling nm.

> The respective configuration files are heavily
> commented/documented and I could assist (from memory) if you come up
> with specific questions.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei

http://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse#Command_Line

By running 'iwlist scan' I don't get the expected output anymore.

I already started editing yesterday. Hm? Ok, I'll ignore what I deemed
as broken and will go on with this [1], after installing the packages
again.

Thank you Andrei,
Ralf

[1]
[root@archlinux spinymouse]# ls /mnt/oz/etc/network/interface*
/mnt/oz/etc/network/interfaces /mnt/oz/etc/network/interfaces.V-0.1
/mnt/oz/etc/network/interfaces.ORIGINAL-2012-Mar-07
[root@archlinux spinymouse]# cat /mnt/oz/etc/network/interfaces.V-0.1

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto dsl-provider
iface dsl-provider inet ppp
pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up # line maintained by pppoeconf
provider dsl-provider

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

# my wifi device
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wireless-essid [ESSID]
wireless-mode [MODE]

Old 03-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Andrei POPESCU

On Jo, 08 mar 12, 16:51:18, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> ... I just wondered that it looks like the driver doesn't work anymore,
> since the WLAN adapter also is lost after reinstalling nm.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse#Command_Line
> By running 'iwlist scan' I don't get the expected output anymore.
> # my wifi device
> auto wlan0
> iface wlan0 inet dhcp
> wireless-essid [ESSID]
> wireless-mode [MODE]

But you don't want to connect to "a wireless network" (actually an Acess
Point), you want to be the AP. From memory, you need:

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
address 192.168.XX.1
netmask 255.255.255.0

Everything else is configured in hostapd.conf. At a minimum you need to
instruct hostapd which interface to use, what security mode (wpa2 with
AES is recommended) and which passphrase to require from clients. It
will then take care to configure your interface for Master mode.

It is a bit more complicated if you also need a bridge (do you?).

For dnsmasq at a minimum you need to enable one of the dhcp definitions
in /etc/dnsmasq.conf

For shorewall I advise you copy the default configuration files from
/usr/share/doc/shorewall/default-config/ to /etc/shorewall/ and then
adjust according to the two-interfaces example in the docs.

Hope this helps,
Andrei

Old 03-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 19:14 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Jo, 08 mar 12, 16:51:18, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > ... I just wondered that it looks like the driver doesn't work anymore,
> > since the WLAN adapter also is lost after reinstalling nm.
> >
> > http://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse#Command_Line
> > By running 'iwlist scan' I don't get the expected output anymore.
> > # my wifi device
> > auto wlan0
> > iface wlan0 inet dhcp
> > wireless-essid [ESSID]
> > wireless-mode [MODE]
>
> But you don't want to connect to "a wireless network" (actually an Acess
> Point), you want to be the AP. From memory, you need:
>
> allow-hotplug wlan0
> iface wlan0 inet static
> address 192.168.XX.1
> netmask 255.255.255.0
>
> Everything else is configured in hostapd.conf. At a minimum you need to
> instruct hostapd which interface to use, what security mode (wpa2 with
> AES is recommended) and which passphrase to require from clients. It
> will then take care to configure your interface for Master mode.
>
> It is a bit more complicated if you also need a bridge (do you?).
>
> For dnsmasq at a minimum you need to enable one of the dhcp definitions
> in /etc/dnsmasq.conf
>
> For shorewall I advise you copy the default configuration files from
> /usr/share/doc/shorewall/default-config/ to /etc/shorewall/ and then
> adjust according to the two-interfaces example in the docs.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Andrei

Thank you Andrei,

I don't know what I need. I will be able to browse the web and to send
and receive emails, to sync the iPad and to use the WiFi-MIDI-thingy for
Linux and the iPad.

When the connection failed using nm, somebody mentioned it could be the
fault of the iPad 2 and indeed it's known as not working good using
Wifi.

If possible, I'll try to fix the network issue today. From yesterday
until now I had to fight odd Apple idiocy. I couldn't solve this Apple
issue, but anyway will delay solving this and continue getting the
network connection established.

Regards,
Ralf

PS:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/66866-cant-update-ipad2-ios5-1-a-2.html#post471593

Old 03-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Andrei POPESCU

On Vi, 09 mar 12, 05:14:39, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 19:14 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >
> > It is a bit more complicated if you also need a bridge (do you?).
> I don't know what I need. I will be able to browse the web and to send
> and receive emails, to sync the iPad and to use the WiFi-MIDI-thingy for
> Linux and the iPad.

I'm guessing this paragraph is about my question. If you have only one
computer + the iPad then you don't need bridging.

Kind regards,
Andrei

Old 03-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Fri, 2012-03-09 at 11:59 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Vi, 09 mar 12, 05:14:39, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I'm guessing this paragraph is about my question. If you have only
one
> computer + the iPad then you don't need bridging.

Yes, it is about your question. I only need it for 1 computer and the
iPad.

My rudimentary edited /etc/network/interfaces, /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
and /etc/dnsmasq.conf [1] have broken the PPPoE connection too.
I'll read the examples more careful and reedit the files later.
For openresolv nothing is edited until now. The firewall isn't
installed, but nm still is installed.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
root@oz:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto dsl-provider
iface dsl-provider inet ppp
pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up # line maintained by pppoeconf
provider dsl-provider

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

# WLAN
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
address 192.168.10.24
netmask 255.255.255.0

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++

root@oz:~# cat /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
# /usr/share/doc/hostapd/examples/hostapd.conf.gz

# AP netdevice name (without 'ap' postfix, i.e., wlan0 uses wlan0ap for
# management frames); ath0 for madwifi
interface=wlan0

# hostapd event logger configuration
#
# Two output method: syslog and stdout (only usable if not forking to
# background).
#
# Module bitfield (ORed bitfield of modules that will be logged; -1 =
all
# modules):
# bit 0 (1) = IEEE 802.11
# bit 1 (2) = IEEE 802.1X
# bit 2 (4) = RADIUS
# bit 3 (8) = WPA
# bit 4 (16) = driver interface
# bit 5 (32) = IAPP
# bit 6 (64) = MLME
#
# Levels (minimum value for logged events):
# 0 = verbose debugging
# 1 = debugging
# 2 = informational messages
# 3 = notification
# 4 = warning
#
logger_syslog=-1
logger_syslog_level=2
logger_stdout=-1
logger_stdout_level=2

# Dump file for state information (on SIGUSR1)
dump_file=/tmp/hostapd.dump

# Interface for separate control program. If this is specified, hostapd
# will create this directory and a UNIX domain socket for listening to
requests
# from external programs (CLI/GUI, etc.) for status information and
# configuration. The socket file will be named based on the interface
name, so
# multiple hostapd processes/interfaces can be run at the same time if
more
# than one interface is used.
# /var/run/hostapd is the recommended directory for sockets and by
default,
# hostapd_cli will use it when trying to connect with hostapd.
ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd

# Access control for the control interface can be configured by setting
the
# directory to allow only members of a group to use sockets. This way,
it is
# possible to run hostapd as root (since it needs to change network
# configuration and open raw sockets) and still allow GUI/CLI components
to be
# run as non-root users. However, since the control interface can be
used to
# change the network configuration, this access needs to be protected in
many
# cases. By default, hostapd is configured to use gid 0 (root). If you
# want to allow non-root users to use the contron interface, add a new
group
# and change this value to match with that group. Add users that should
have
# control interface access to this group.
#
# This variable can be a group name or gid.
#ctrl_interface_group=wheel
ctrl_interface_group=0

##### IEEE 802.11 related configuration
#######################################

# SSID to be used in IEEE 802.11 management frames
# http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/SSID.html
ssid=test

#country_code=US

# (default: 0 = disabled)
#ieee80211d=1

# Operation mode (a = IEEE 802.11a, b = IEEE 802.11b, g = IEEE 802.11g,
# Default: IEEE 802.11b
hw_mode=a

# Channel number (IEEE 802.11)
# (default: 0, i.e., not set)
# Please note that some drivers (e.g., madwifi) do not use this value
from
# hostapd and the channel will need to be configuration separately with
# iwconfig.
channel=60

# Beacon interval in kus (1.024 ms) (default: 100; range 15..65535)
beacon_int=100

# DTIM (delivery trafic information message) period (range 1..255):
# number of beacons between DTIMs (1 = every beacon includes DTIM
element)
# (default: 2)
dtim_period=2

# Maximum number of stations allowed in station table. New stations will
be
# rejected after the station table is full. IEEE 802.11 has a limit of
2007
# different association IDs, so this number should not be larger than
that.
# (default: 2007)
max_num_sta=255

# RTS/CTS threshold; 2347 = disabled (default); range 0..2347
# If this field is not included in hostapd.conf, hostapd will not
control
# RTS threshold and 'iwconfig wlan# rts <val>' can be used to set it.
rts_threshold=2347

# Fragmentation threshold; 2346 = disabled (default); range 256..2346
# If this field is not included in hostapd.conf, hostapd will not
control
# fragmentation threshold and 'iwconfig wlan# frag <val>' can be used to
set
# it.
fragm_threshold=2346

#supported_rates=10 20 55 110 60 90 120 180 240 360 480 540

#basic_rates=10 20
#basic_rates=10 20 55 110
#basic_rates=60 120 240

# 0 = do not allow use of short preamble (default)
# 1 = allow use of short preamble
#preamble=1

# Station MAC address -based authentication
# Please note that this kind of access control requires a driver that
uses
# hostapd to take care of management frame processing and as such, this
can be
# used with driver=hostap or driver=nl80211, but not with
driver=madwifi.
# 0 = accept unless in deny list
# 1 = deny unless in accept list
# 2 = use external RADIUS server (accept/deny lists are searched first)
macaddr_acl=0

# Accept/deny lists are read from separate files (containing list of
# MAC addresses, one per line). Use absolute path name to make sure that
the
# files can be read on SIGHUP configuration reloads.
#accept_mac_file=/etc/hostapd.accept
#deny_mac_file=/etc/hostapd.deny

# bit 0 = Open System Authentication
# bit 1 = Shared Key Authentication (requires WEP)
auth_algs=3

# Send empty SSID in beacons and ignore probe request frames that do not
# specify full SSID, i.e., require stations to know SSID.
# default: disabled (0)
# 1 = send empty (length=0) SSID in beacon and ignore probe request for
# broadcast SSID
# 2 = clear SSID (ASCII 0), but keep the original length (this may be
required
# with some clients that do not support empty SSID) and ignore probe
# requests for broadcast SSID
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0

# Default WMM parameters (IEEE 802.11 draft; 11-03-0504-03-000e):
# for 802.11a or 802.11g networks
# These parameters are sent to WMM clients when they associate.
# The parameters will be used by WMM clients for frames transmitted to
the
# access point.
#
# note - txop_limit is in units of 32microseconds
# note - acm is admission control mandatory flag. 0 = admission control
not
# required, 1 = mandatory
# note - here cwMin and cmMax are in exponent form. the actual cw value
used
# will be (2^n)-1 where n is the value given here
#
wmm_enabled=1
#
# WMM-PS Unscheduled Automatic Power Save Delivery [U-APSD]
# Enable this flag if U-APSD supported outside hostapd (eg.,
Firmware/driver)
#uapsd_advertisement_enabled=1
#
# Low priority / AC_BK = background
wmm_ac_bk_cwmin=4
wmm_ac_bk_cwmax=10
wmm_ac_bk_aifs=7
wmm_ac_bk_txop_limit=0
wmm_ac_bk_acm=0
# Note: for IEEE 802.11b mode: cWmin=5 cWmax=10
#
# Normal priority / AC_BE = best effort
wmm_ac_be_aifs=3
wmm_ac_be_cwmin=4
wmm_ac_be_cwmax=10
wmm_ac_be_txop_limit=0
wmm_ac_be_acm=0
# Note: for IEEE 802.11b mode: cWmin=5 cWmax=7
#
# High priority / AC_VI = video
wmm_ac_vi_aifs=2
wmm_ac_vi_cwmin=3
wmm_ac_vi_cwmax=4
wmm_ac_vi_txop_limit=94
wmm_ac_vi_acm=0
# Note: for IEEE 802.11b mode: cWmin=4 cWmax=5 txop_limit=188
#
# Highest priority / AC_VO = voice
wmm_ac_vo_aifs=2
wmm_ac_vo_cwmin=2
wmm_ac_vo_cwmax=3
wmm_ac_vo_txop_limit=47
wmm_ac_vo_acm=0
# Note: for IEEE 802.11b mode: cWmin=3 cWmax=4 burst=102

# Static WEP key configuration
#
# The key number to use when transmitting.
# It must be between 0 and 3, and the corresponding key must be set.
# default: not set
#wep_default_key=0
# The WEP keys to use.
# A key may be a quoted string or unquoted hexadecimal digits.
# The key length should be 5, 13, or 16 characters, or 10, 26, or 32
# digits, depending on whether 40-bit (64-bit), 104-bit (128-bit), or
# 128-bit (152-bit) WEP is used.
# Only the default key must be supplied; the others are optional.
# default: not set
#wep_key0=123456789a
#wep_key1="vwxyz"
#wep_key2=0102030405060708090a0b0c0d
#wep_key3=".2.4.6.8.0.23"

# Station inactivity limit
#
# If a station does not send anything in ap_max_inactivity seconds, an
# empty data frame is sent to it in order to verify whether it is
# still in range. If this frame is not ACKed, the station will be
# disassociated and then deauthenticated. This feature is used to
# clear station table of old entries when the STAs move out of the
# range.
#
# The station can associate again with the AP if it is still in range;
# this inactivity poll is just used as a nicer way of verifying
# inactivity; i.e., client will not report broken connection because
# disassociation frame is not sent immediately without first polling
# the STA with a data frame.
# default: 300 (i.e., 5 minutes)
#ap_max_inactivity=300

# Maximum allowed Listen Interval (how many Beacon periods STAs are
allowed to
# remain asleep). Default: 65535 (no limit apart from field size)
#max_listen_interval=100

# WDS (4-address frame) mode with per-station virtual interfaces
# (only supported with driver=nl80211)
# This mode allows associated stations to use 4-address frames to allow
layer 2
# bridging to be used.
#wds_sta=1

##### IEEE 802.11n related configuration
######################################

##### IEEE 802.1X-2004 related configuration
##################################

# EAPOL-Key index workaround (set bit7) for WinXP Supplicant (needed
only if
# only broadcast keys are used)
eapol_key_index_workaround=0

##### Integrated EAP server
################################################## #

# Optionally, hostapd can be configured to use an integrated EAP server
# to process EAP authentication locally without need for an external
RADIUS
# server. This functionality can be used both as a local authentication
server
# for IEEE 802.1X/EAPOL and as a RADIUS server for other devices.

# Use integrated EAP server instead of external RADIUS authentication
# server. This is also needed if hostapd is configured to act as a
RADIUS
# authentication server.
eap_server=0

#private_key=/etc/hostapd.server.prv

# Passphrase for private key
#private_key_passwd=secret passphrase

# 0 = do not verify CRLs (default)

##### IEEE 802.11f - Inter-Access Point Protocol (IAPP)
#######################

# Interface to be used for IAPP broadcast packets
#iapp_interface=eth0

##### RADIUS client configuration
# for IEEE 802.1X with external Authentication Server, IEEE 802.11
# authentication with external ACL for MAC addresses, and accounting

# The own IP address of the access point (used as NAS-IP-Address)
own_ip_addr=127.0.0.1

################################################## #############################
##### WPA/IEEE 802.11i configuration
################################################## #############################

# Enable WPA. Setting this variable configures the AP to require WPA
(either
# WPA-PSK or WPA-RADIUS/EAP based on other configuration). For WPA-PSK,
either
# wpa_psk or wpa_passphrase must be set and wpa_key_mgmt must include
WPA-PSK.
# For WPA-RADIUS/EAP, ieee8021x must be set (but without dynamic WEP
keys),
# RADIUS authentication server must be configured, and WPA-EAP must be
included
# in wpa_key_mgmt.
# This field is a bit field that can be used to enable WPA (IEEE
802.11i/D3.0)
# and/or WPA2 (full IEEE 802.11i/RSN):
# bit0 = WPA
# bit1 = IEEE 802.11i/RSN (WPA2) (dot11RSNAEnabled)
wpa=1

# WPA pre-shared keys for WPA-PSK. This can be either entered as a
256-bit
# secret in hex format (64 hex digits), wpa_psk, or as an ASCII
passphrase
# (8..63 characters) that will be converted to PSK. This conversion uses
SSID
# so the PSK changes when ASCII passphrase is used and the SSID is
changed.
# wpa_psk (dot11RSNAConfigPSKValue)
# wpa_passphrase (dot11RSNAConfigPSKPassPhrase)
wpa_psk=0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef0123456789 abcdef0123456789abcdef
wpa_passphrase=secret passphrase

# Optionally, WPA PSKs can be read from a separate text file (containing
list
# of (PSK,MAC address) pairs. This allows more than one PSK to be
configured.
# Use absolute path name to make sure that the files can be read on
SIGHUP
# configuration reloads.
#wpa_psk_file=/etc/hostapd.wpa_psk

# Set of accepted key management algorithms (WPA-PSK, WPA-EAP, or both).
The
# entries are separated with a space. WPA-PSK-SHA256 and WPA-EAP-SHA256
can be
# added to enable SHA256-based stronger algorithms.
# (dot11RSNAConfigAuthenticationSuitesTable)
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK WPA-EA
# Pairwise cipher for WPA (v1) (default: TKIP)
#wpa_pairwise=TKIP CCMP
# Pairwise cipher for RSN/WPA2 (default: use wpa_pairwise value)
#rsn_pairwise=CCMP

# Time interval for rekeying GTK (broadcast/multicast encryption keys)
in
# seconds. (dot11RSNAConfigGroupRekeyTime)
#wpa_group_rekey=600

# Rekey GTK when any STA that possesses the current GTK is leaving the
BSS.
# (dot11RSNAConfigGroupRekeyStrict)
#wpa_strict_rekey=1

# Time interval for rekeying GMK (master key used internally to generate
GTKs
# (in seconds).
#wpa_gmk_rekey=86400

# Maximum lifetime for PTK in seconds. This can be used to enforce
rekeying of
# PTK to mitigate some attacks against TKIP deficiencies.
#wpa_ptk_rekey=600

# Enable IEEE 802.11i/RSN/WPA2 pre-authentication.

##### IEEE 802.11r configuration

##### Neighbor table
################################################## ########
# Maximum number of entries kept in AP table (either for neigbor table
or for
# detecting Overlapping Legacy BSS Condition). The oldest entry will be
# removed when adding a new entry that would make the list grow over
this
# limit. Note! WFA certification for IEEE 802.11g requires that OLBC is
# enabled, so this field should not be set to 0 when using IEEE 802.11g.
# default: 255
#ap_table_max_size=255

# Number of seconds of no frames received after which entries may be
deleted
# from the AP table. Since passive scanning is not usually performed
frequently
# this should not be set to very small value. In addition, there is no
# guarantee that every scan cycle will receive beacon frames from the
# neighboring APs.
# default: 60
#ap_table_expiration_time=3600

##### Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)

# WPS state
# 0 = WPS disabled (default)

##### Multiple BSSID support
#
# Above configuration is using the default interface (wlan#, or
multi-SSID VLAN
# interfaces). Other BSSIDs can be added by using separator 'bss' with
# default interface name to be allocated for the data packets of the new
BSS.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++

root@oz:~# cat /etc/dnsmasq.conf
# Configuration file for dnsmasq.

# "/usr/sbin/dnsmasq --help" "man 8 dnsmasq"

# The following two options make you a better netizen

# Never forward plain names (without a dot or domain part)
#domain-needed
# Never forward addresses in the non-routed address spaces.
#bogus-priv

# Uncomment this to filter useless windows-originated DNS requests
# don't use it if you use eg Kerberos, SIP, XMMP or Google-tal
#filterwin2k

# Change this line if you want dns to get its upstream servers from
# somewhere other that /etc/resolv.conf
#resolv-file=

# By default, dnsmasq will send queries to any of the upstream
# servers it knows about and tries to favour servers to are known
# to be up. Uncommenting this forces dnsmasq to try each query
# with each server strictly in the order they appear in
# /etc/resolv.conf
#strict-order

# If you don't want dnsmasq to read /etc/resolv.conf or any other
# file, getting its servers from this file instead (see below), then
# uncomment this.
#no-resolv

# If you don't want dnsmasq to poll /etc/resolv.conf or other resolv
# files for changes and re-read them then uncomment this.
#no-poll

# Add other name servers here, with domain specs if they are for
# non-public domains.
#server=/localnet/192.168.0.1

# Example of routing PTR queries to nameservers: this will send all
# address->name queries for 192.168.3/24 to nameserver 10.1.2.3
#server=/3.168.192.in-addr.arpa/10.1.2.3

# Add local-only domains here, queries in these domains are answered
# from /etc/hosts or DHCP only.
#local=/localnet/

# Add domains which you want to force to an IP address here.
# The example below send any host in double-click.net to a local
# web-server.
#address=/double-click.net/127.0.0.1

# --address (and --server) work with IPv6 addresses too.
#address=/www.thekelleys.org.uk/fe80::20d:60ff:fe36:f83

# You can control how dnsmasq talks to a server: this forces
# queries to 10.1.2.3 to be routed via eth1
# server=10.1.2.3@eth1

# and this sets the source (ie local) address used to talk to
# 10.1.2.3 to 192.168.1.1 port 55 (there must be a interface with that
# IP on the machine, obviously).
# server=10.1.2.3@192.168.1.1#55

# If you want dnsmasq to change uid and gid to something other
# than the default, edit the following lines.
#user=
#group=

# If you want dnsmasq to listen for DHCP and DNS requests only on
# specified interfaces (and the loopback) give the name of the
# interface (eg eth0) here.
# Repeat the line for more than one interface.
#interface=
# Or you can specify which interface _not_ to listen on
#except-interface=
# Or which to listen on by address (remember to include 127.0.0.1 if
# you use this.)
#listen-address=
# If you want dnsmasq to provide only DNS service on an interface,
# configure it as shown above, and then use the following line to
# disable DHCP and TFTP on it.
#no-dhcp-interface=

# On systems which support it, dnsmasq binds the wildcard address,
# even when it is listening on only some interfaces. It then discards
# requests that it shouldn't reply to. This has the advantage of
# working even when interfaces come and go and change address. If you
# want dnsmasq to really bind only the interfaces it is listening on,
# uncomment this option. About the only time you may need this is when
# running another nameserver on the same machine.
#bind-interfaces

# If you don't want dnsmasq to read /etc/hosts, uncomment the
# following line.
#no-hosts
# or if you want it to read another file, as well as /etc/hosts, use
# this.
#addn-hosts=/etc/banner_add_hosts

# Set this (and domain: see below) if you want to have a domain
# automatically added to simple names in a hosts-file.
#expand-hosts

# Set the domain for dnsmasq. this is optional, but if it is set, it
# does the following things.
# 1) Allows DHCP hosts to have fully qualified domain names, as long
# as the domain part matches this setting.
# 2) Sets the "domain" DHCP option thereby potentially setting the
# domain of all systems configured by DHCP
# 3) Provides the domain part for "expand-hosts"
#domain=thekelleys.org.uk

# Set a different domain for a particular subnet
#domain=wireless.thekelleys.org.uk,192.168.2.0/24

# Same idea, but range rather then subnet
#domain=reserved.thekelleys.org.uk,192.68.3.100,19 2.168.3.200

# Uncomment this to enable the integrated DHCP server, you need
# to supply the range of addresses available for lease and optionally
# a lease time. If you have more than one network, you will need to
# repeat this for each network on which you want to supply DHCP
# service.
# dhcp-range=192.168.10.24,192.168.10.25,12h

# DHCP range where the netmask is given.
# If you don't know what a DHCP relay agent is, you probably
# don't need to worry about this.
# dhcp-range=192.168.10.24,192.168.10.24,255.255.255.0,12 h

# Specify a subnet which can't be used for dynamic address allocation,
# is available for hosts with matching --dhcp-host lines. Note that
# dhcp-host declarations will be ignored unless there is a dhcp-range
# of some type for the subnet in question.
# In this case the netmask is implied (it comes from the network
# configuration on the machine running dnsmasq) it is possible to give
# an explicit netmask instead.
dhcp-range=192.168.10.24,static

# Supply parameters for specified hosts using DHCP. There are lots
# of valid alternatives, so we will give examples of each. Note that
# IP addresses DO NOT have to be in the range given above, they just
# need to be on the same network. The order of the parameters in these
# do not matter, it's permissible to give name, address and MAC in any
# order.

# Enable the address given for "judge" in /etc/hosts
# to be given to a machine presenting the name "judge" when
# it asks for a DHCP lease.
#dhcp-host=judge

# Send options to hosts which ask for a DHCP lease.
# See RFC 2132 for details of available options.
# Common options can be given to dnsmasq by name:
# run "dnsmasq --help dhcp" to get a list.
# Note that all the common settings, such as netmask and
# broadcast address, DNS server and default route, are given
# sane defaults by dnsmasq. You very likely will not need
# any dhcp-options. If you use Windows clients and Samba, there
# are some options which are recommended, they are detailed at the
# end of this section.

#dhcp-option=

# Enable dnsmasq's built-in TFTP server
#enable-tftp

# The DHCP server needs somewhere on disk to keep its lease database.
# This defaults to a sane location, but if you want to change it, use
# the line below.
#dhcp-leasefile=/var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

# Set the DHCP server to authoritative mode. In this mode it will barge
in
# and take over the lease for any client which broadcasts on the
network,
# whether it has a record of the lease or not. This avoids long timeouts
# when a machine wakes up on a new network. DO NOT enable this if
there's
# the slightest chance that you might end up accidentally configuring a
DHCP
# server for your campus/company accidentally. The ISC server uses
# the same option, and this URL provides more information:
# http://www.isc.org/files/auth.html
#dhcp-authoritative

# Run an executable when a DHCP lease is created or destroyed.
# The arguments sent to the script are "add" or "del",
# then the MAC address, the IP address and finally the hostname
# if there is one.
#dhcp-script=/bin/echo

# Set the cachesize here.
#cache-size=150

# If you want to disable negative caching, uncomment this.
#no-negcache

# Normally responses which come form /etc/hosts and the DHCP lease
# file have Time-To-Live set as zero, which conventionally means
# do not cache further. If you are happy to trade lower load on the
# server for potentially stale date, you can set a time-to-live (in
# seconds) here.
#local-ttl=

# Change these lines if you want [...]
# Provide an alias for a "local" DNS name. Note that this _only_ works
# for targets which are names from DHCP or /etc/hosts. Give host
# "bert" another name, bertrand
#cname=bertand,bert

# For debugging purposes, log each DNS query as it passes through
# dnsmasq.
#log-queries

# Log lots of extra information about DHCP transactions.
#log-dhcp

# Include a another lot of configuration options.
#conf-file=/etc/dnsmasq.more.conf
#conf-dir=/etc/dnsmasq.d