Old 01-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

Default where do i find documents for bacula-console-qt

i need to find documentation on adding client and running backup/restore to client for bacula-console-qt on squeeze.

anyone can point me to the right direction? or i actually need to configure it first from cli then it can be viewed from bat?

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my

Old 01-16-2012, 08:02 AM
afuentes

disclaimer: im not bacula expert.
bacula documentation is not very good from my point of view. There is a
book about backups that cover a little bacula, but it does not go deep
into specifics.

AFAIK, the set up has to be done from CLI and the configuration files
(its not hard, basically, define storages, filesets, clients, jobs,...).
Then the restore proccess can be done with bat more easily.

Try to set it up and if you have more questions, there is a specific
list for bacula support:
bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net

greets!
aL

Old 01-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:39:41 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> i need to find documentation on adding client and running backup/restore
> to client for bacula-console-qt on squeeze.
>
> anyone can point me to the right direction? or i actually need to
> configure it first from cli then it can be viewed from bat?

Has Internet closed? :-P

http://www.bacula.org/5.2.x-manuals/en/console/console/Bacula_Console.html

You have to have that same doc (and more) in your hard disk under "/usr/
share/doc/bacula-common/*"

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 01-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

You have to have that same doc (and more) in your hard disk under "/usr/

share/doc/bacula-common/*"

Greetings,

--

Camaleón

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/jf1m6e$odu$14@dough.gmane.org

thanks. although i'm looking for a manual that is specific for BAT but i seems that i need to do it manually via configs after all

Umarzuki Mochlis

http://debmal.my

Old 01-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:40:49 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> 2012/1/17 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
>

>> Has Internet closed? :-P
>>
>> http://www.bacula.org/5.2.x-manuals/en/console/console/Bacula_Console.html
>>
>> You have to have that same doc (and more) in your hard disk under
>> "/usr/ share/doc/bacula-common/*"
>>

> thanks. although i'm looking for a manual that is specific for BAT but i
> seems that i need to do it manually via configs after all

Bacula documentation looks very complete and detailed. There's even a
short description doc listing the components for the BAT tool:

http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/console/console/GUI_Programs.html

>From there it can be read:

***
Bat also has a nice online help manual that explains a lot of the interface.
***

Greetings,

--
Camaleón