Old 12-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Don Juan

Default wireless problems wheezy: repeated login/logout

On 12/15/2011 01:06 AM, Richard wrote:

Hi
I loaded wheezy on to my laptop and use a wpa network at home, other visiting laptops and my android
phone have no problem, but on wheezy the network is found the address is issued and about 10 secs later
it disconnects.
Powering down the router sometimes helps as it seem s to force the password to need to be re-enterd on
the laptop. this is occurring with current builds of wheezy, and IS NOT either the network or the laptop,
as the laptop runs extremely well on Fed FC16. Any one else seen this behaviour ?
I have the same problem using Wicd, though I do NOT have it using NM. So
if you are on Wicd you might want to switch back to NM. I did only to
test it was Wicd giving the disconnect problem. I find it disconnects
when there has been no traffic for a period of time. Not sure if this is
related but figured I would chime in.