Old 12-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Francesco Pietra

Default iceweasel no more support by google

Since new google and gnome 3 advent, iceweasel is said not to be
supported. I can't access my institutional email address. It is
indicated to install either google own web browser or mozilla. Why so
and why google does distinguish between iceaweasel and mozilla?

With my old desktop an small HD (to spare money for servers) I am
having problems of disk space, while most of gnome is not useful to me
and gnome 3, installed following uninstall of gnome in wheezy, is
giving so many troubles.

thanks for advice

francesco pietra

Old 12-14-2011, 02:13 PM
afuentes

are you using debian stable or testing? I think iceweasel 3.5.x is
bundle with stable and its a "too old version" to run gmail.

install a newer version of iceweasel. I dont know if this still works:

http://mozilla.debian.net/

Greets!
AL