Old 11-29-2011, 10:40 PM
"Ralf Mardorf"

Default AW: Gimp acting strangely

Title: AW: Gimp acting strangely

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Kent West [mailto:westk@acu.edu]

Gesendet: Di 11/29/2011 21:04

An: debian-user@lists.debian.org

Betreff: Re: Gimp acting strangely

On 11/29/2011 01:16 PM, Alan Chandler wrote:

> I try and run gimp and it silently exits.

> I have tried completely uninstalling it and re-installing it, but that

> doesn't help.

> The only related thing that might have caused it is that I have

> removed a lot of gnome libraries having just switched over the kde.*

> But I would have thought they would have come up as unsatisfied

> dependancies and been reinstalled if gimp needed them.* Any one any

> clues as to what might be going on.

> I am on Sid.

I would try running gimp from the command line rather than from a

Desktop icon; you'll get more informative messages that way.

I would try running it as a different user. If it works for that user,

the problem is somewhere in your user directory. If it doesn't work for

that user, the problem is somewhere in the global gimp install/setup.

---

Yes, mv ~/.gimp* ~/.gimp.backup

Since GNOME3 is a PITA, take a look at gimp --help-gtk, anyway, at least start it by gimp --verbose

Old 11-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Alan Chandler