Old 11-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Marcelo Luiz de Laia

Default Brightness after screensaver start - genome 3

After a few time screensaver start and lock my notebook screen. When I
unlosck it, I need to manually set the screen Brightness with Fn + Up
arrow.

In gnome 2 the Brightness was setted automatically after unlock
screen.

What I need to do to get my screen Brightness adjusted automatically
after unlock screen?

I have a Dell Latitude D630 with Debian Testing.

If I choose Fn + Left arrow keys I see a Brightness symbol with a
prohibited symbol!

--
Marcelo
Brazil

Old 11-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 08:56:32 -0200, Marcelo Luiz de Laia wrote:

> After a few time screensaver start and lock my notebook screen. When I
> unlosck it, I need to manually set the screen Brightness with Fn + Up
> arrow.
>
> In gnome 2 the Brightness was setted automatically after unlock screen.
>
> What I need to do to get my screen Brightness adjusted automatically
> after unlock screen?
>
> I have a Dell Latitude D630 with Debian Testing.

It works fine for me when I manually force a screen lock (I have an intel
card) but there is at least one report opened for Ubuntu for a similar
issue:

LCD brightness NOT restored upon returning from screen lock in GNOME shell
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screensaver/+bug/883550

I would report it at Debian BTS.

Anyway, I also lose the last value I have set for the LCD brightness
after I reboot the system.

> If I choose Fn + Left arrow keys I see a Brightness symbol with a
> prohibited symbol!

The brightness can be also defined from system configuration / screen.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Marcelo Luiz de Laia

> I would report it at Debian BTS.

Please, could you do that and send me the Debian Bug link?

Thank you very much!

--
Marcelo
Brazil

Old 11-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 11:17:17 -0200, Marcelo Luiz de Laia wrote:

>> I would report it at Debian BTS.
>
> Please, could you do that and send me the Debian Bug link?
>
> Thank you very much!

I would do it for you but I'm not experiencing the problem so it's better
that *you* open the report because I cannot provide logs not
configuration files that show the problem :-(

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Marcelo Luiz de Laia

> I would do it for you but I'm not experiencing the problem so it's
> better that *you* open the report because I cannot provide logs not
> configuration files that show the problem :-(

I filled it! -

Marcelo
Brazil
Linux user number 487797

Old 11-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 08:41:47 -0200, Marcelo Luiz de Laia wrote:

>> I would do it for you but I'm not experiencing the problem so it's
>> better that *you* open the report because I cannot provide logs not
>> configuration files that show the problem :-(
>
> I filled it! -

Good job! :-)

I will have to open another bug (time permitting) for the backlight level
that is not restored after each reboot.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón