Old 11-07-2011, 06:55 AM
"wzabolot@elektron.elka.pw.edu.pl"

Default Dell Vostro 3750 - touchpad detected only as PS/2 mouse

Hi,

I use a Dell Vostro 3750 laptop with touchpad reported by Windows as
"Dell Touchpad", manufactured by "Alps Electric" connected to PS/2 mouse
port.
In Windows all functions like tap scrolling, two finger zoom in/out and
others work perfectly. Unfortunately in Linux this device is recognized
only as a PS/2 mouse and lacks all touchpad specific functionalities.
Has anybody succeeded to configure X to fully use this device?
--
TIA & Regards,
Wojtek

Old 11-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Thierry Chatelet

On Monday 07 November 2011 08:55:47 wzabolot@elektron.elka.pw.edu.pl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use a Dell Vostro 3750 laptop with touchpad reported by Windows as
> "Dell Touchpad", manufactured by "Alps Electric" connected to PS/2 mouse
> port.
> In Windows all functions like tap scrolling, two finger zoom in/out and
> others work perfectly. Unfortunately in Linux this device is recognized
> only as a PS/2 mouse and lacks all touchpad specific functionalities.
> Has anybody succeeded to configure X to fully use this device?

google it and read!
may help: http://wiki.debian.org/SynapticsTouchpad
Thierry

Old 11-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Wojtek Zabolotny

Thierry Chatelet wrote:

google it and read!
may help:http://wiki.debian.org/SynapticsTouchpad

Well, I've googled this problem before sending, but this touchpad
is very specific.
E.g. egrep -i 'synap|alps|etps' /proc/bus/input/devices
returns simply nothing.
It seems, that this is one of "new" Alps taouchpads mentioned e.g. here:
http://pj.freefaculty.org/blog/alps-touchpad-linux-final-statement-now

tpconfig recognizes it (erroneously) as
# tpconfig
Found Synaptics Touchpad.
Firmware: 8.96 (multiple-byte mode).

So my question was is anybody has any NEW info about proper configuration
of this particular touchpad :-(.

--
Thanks,
Wojtek