Old 11-06-2011, 10:39 PM

Default Using a Fire-i camera

Install a Unibrain Fire-i BCL 1.2 camera.
Add my id to /etc/group/...video .
Do "modprobe vloopback".

peter@joule:~$ lsmod | grep v4l
v4l1_compat 10250 1 videodev
peter@joule:~$ lsmod | grep vloop
vloopback 9842 1
videodev 25605 2 vloopback
peter@joule:~$ ls -l /dev/video*
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 81, 0 Nov 6 14:16 /dev/video0
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 81, 1 Nov 6 14:16 /dev/video1

Start Coriander and click on the Services tab.
Under the V4L tab the device is /dev/video0.

A click on the V4L button gives two error windows.
First "Failed to open V4L device, /dev/video0".
Then "Error: Could not start the V4L service
Please check that:
-V4L kernel modules are loaded ...
-you have read/write permission on the selected video device
-the vloopback module is loaded".

What else should be checked?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

--
New telephone 1 360 639 0202. Old telephone 1 360 450 2132. bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca
Shop pages http://carnot.yi.org/ .

Old 11-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 15:39:54 -0800, peasthope wrote:

> Install a Unibrain Fire-i BCL 1.2 camera. Add my id to
> /etc/group/...video .
> Do "modprobe vloopback".
>
> peter@joule:~$ lsmod | grep v4l
> v4l1_compat 10250 1 videodev peter@joule:~$ lsmod | grep
> vloop
> vloopback 9842 1
> videodev 25605 2 vloopback peter@joule:~$ ls -l
> /dev/video*
> crw-rw----+ 1 root video 81, 0 Nov 6 14:16 /dev/video0 crw-rw----+ 1
> root video 81, 1 Nov 6 14:16 /dev/video1
>
> Start Coriander and click on the Services tab. Under the V4L tab the
> device is /dev/video0.
>
> A click on the V4L button gives two error windows. First "Failed to open
> V4L device, /dev/video0". Then "Error: Could not start the V4L service
> Please check that:
> -V4L kernel modules are loaded ...
> -you have read/write permission on the selected video device -the
> vloopback module is loaded".
>
> What else should be checked?

Shouldn't this firewire camera be detected under "/dev/raw1394" or
something like that? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón