Old 11-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Mark Grieveson

Default openoffice.org-emailmerge

I read in the Writer 3.x user manual of merges done with email. It
provided the following picture as seen in the attachment I've provided
(ooo3x.png). However, when I run the mail-merge wizard, step two as
displayed in the attachment (select document type) is missing. I use
Debian Squeeze, and I have the openoffice.org-emailmerge package
installed. So, is there something else I need?

Mark

Old 11-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 12:17:10 -0500, Mark Grieveson wrote:

> I read in the Writer 3.x user manual of merges done with email. It
> provided the following picture as seen in the attachment I've provided
> (ooo3x.png). However, when I run the mail-merge wizard, step two as
> displayed in the attachment (select document type) is missing. I use
> Debian Squeeze, and I have the openoffice.org-emailmerge package
> installed. So, is there something else I need?

Mmmm, I can only tell you that the option ("select document type") is
displayed in LibreOffice package from Wheezy.

I would try to load a fresh OOo profile (you can rename your current one)
and see if the same happens from there :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Mark Grieveson

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 18:19:20 +0000 (UTC)

> On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 12:17:10 -0500, Mark Grieveson wrote:
>
> > I read in the Writer 3.x user manual of merges done with email. It
> > provided the following picture as seen in the attachment I've
> > provided (ooo3x.png). However, when I run the mail-merge wizard,
> > step two as displayed in the attachment (select document type) is
> > missing. I use Debian Squeeze, and I have the
> > openoffice.org-emailmerge package installed. So, is there something
> > else I need?
>
> Mmmm, I can only tell you that the option ("select document type") is
> displayed in LibreOffice package from Wheezy.
>
> I would try to load a fresh OOo profile (you can rename your current
> one) and see if the same happens from there :-?
>
> Greetings,

I found two hidden files in my user directory for OpenOffice.org, and I
got rid of them. That has worked. The second step is no longer
missing.

Thanks,
Mark