Old 11-06-2011, 09:14 AM
"Hans-J. Ullrich"

Default flashplugin-nonfree or mozilla-flashplugin?

Hi all,

is there a difference between flashplugin-nonfree and mozilla-flashplugin?
As far as I saw, both are using flash-files from adobe.com (identical files but
with diffferent names), although mozilla-flashplugin offers additionally
configuration options (and packages). But besides this, I could not see any
other (technical) difference.

Which one is recommended?

Greetings

Hans

Old 11-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Camaleón

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 11:14:46 +0100, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

> is there a difference between flashplugin-nonfree and
> mozilla-flashplugin?

I only know about the former. Where have you seen the other? :-?

(searching...)

Ah, it's from D-M.

> As far as I saw, both are using flash-files from adobe.com (identical
> files but with diffferent names), although mozilla-flashplugin offers
> additionally configuration options (and packages). But besides this, I
> could not see any other (technical) difference.
>
> Which one is recommended?

They both should provide the same but I still prefer to go to Adobe site
an get the file from there.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-06-2011, 09:42 AM
"Hans-J. Ullrich"

Am Sonntag, 6. November 2011 schrieb Camaleón:
> On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 11:14:46 +0100, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> > is there a difference between flashplugin-nonfree and
> > mozilla-flashplugin?
>
> I only know about the former. Where have you seen the other? :-?
>
> (searching...)
>
> Ah, it's from D-M.

Sorry my fault! Should have read more exactly, of course I meant flashplayer-
mozilla, not mozilla-flashplugin

And both seem to get the files directly from adobes site, too.

Ask correct, so the answer is correct. Hmmz.....

Cheers

Hans

Old 11-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Greg Madden

On Sunday 06 November 2011 1:42:23 am Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 6. November 2011 schrieb Camaleón:
> > On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 11:14:46 +0100, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> > > is there a difference between flashplugin-nonfree and
> > > mozilla-flashplugin?
> >
> > I only know about the former. Where have you seen the other? :-?
> >
> > (searching...)
> >
> > Ah, it's from D-M.
>
> Sorry my fault! Should have read more exactly, of course I meant
> flashplayer- mozilla, not mozilla-flashplugin
>
> And both seem to get the files directly from adobes site, too.
>
> Ask correct, so the answer is correct. Hmmz.....
>
> Cheers
>
> Hans

I could be wrong :-), seems lkike the DM site upgrades versions quicker.

--
Peace,

Greg

Old 11-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Wolodja Wentland

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 10:56 -0900, Greg Madden wrote:
> I could be wrong :-), seems lkike the DM site upgrades versions quicker.

I know nothing about Marillat's packages, but you have to update
flashplugin-nonfree manually by running:

update-flashplugin-nonfree --install

The package itself is not updated for every new upstream release, but the
checksum it downloads and the plugin tarball is.
--
Wolodja <babilen@gmail.com>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA 36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC