Old 11-05-2011, 08:56 PM
"Bonno Bloksma"

Default boot problems (I think)

Hi,

A system at a remote site cannot be reached via ssh and is not reacting to a
ping after a reboot. This system has been rebooted in the past and had no
problems booting.
I will be going over there later this evening to find out what has gone
wrong.

The system is a HP server with iLo and a standard iLo license. So I can
remote shut the system of, give it cold boot, stuff like that, but I cannot
look at the screen. :-(
Unfortunately a cold boot did not help.

[....]

Turns out it is a hardware failure after all although the iLo screen reported no disk errors. :-(
Worse, as the boot disk is a RAID array the server should simply have boooted from the remaining
disk. Oh well, I get to go there tomorrow again when the engineer with the spare parts will be
there

as well. I have a funny feeling it won't be solved by simply inserting a new disk.

Bonno Bloksma