Old 11-05-2011, 01:55 PM
"J. Bakshi"

Default How to remove / disable ttymon ?

Dear list,

My resources are occupied heavily with ttymon. Through google, I have found
it is a port monitoring tool. How can I remove / disable it ?

"apt-cache search ttymon" returns null

Thanks

Old 11-05-2011, 02:09 PM
"Hans-J. Ullrich"

Am Samstag, 5. November 2011 schrieb J. Bakshi:
> Dear list,
>
> My resources are occupied heavily with ttymon. Through google, I have found
> it is a port monitoring tool. How can I remove / disable it ?
>
> "apt-cache search ttymon" returns null
>
> Thanks

Hi J. Bakshi,

found this, might be solve your problem:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-security-4/ttymon-high-cpu-
load-753237/

It seems, your problem is discussed there.

Good luck!

Hans

Old 11-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 20:25:23 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:

> My resources are occupied heavily with ttymon. Through google, I have
> found it is a port monitoring tool. How can I remove / disable it ?
>
> "apt-cache search ttymon" returns null

I can't locate such a package in Debian repos but Google did find an old
thread from this same mailing list. They are not good news, though ;-(

***
My server catched a rootkit?
***

Check if you have that files installed and if yes, carefully read the

Greetings,

--
Camaleón