Old 11-05-2011, 10:41 AM
shiyao ma

Default Hi, how to control the speed of fan?

I searched on the Net, and according to the Wiki of arch, I should first install lm_sensors. Then, I ran sensors-detect. After doing that, I ran sensors, and got the following output:
acpitz-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device

temp1:******* +26.8C* (crit = +88.0C)

radeon-pci-0100
Adapter: PCI adapter
temp1:******* +54.5C*

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 0:****** +46.0C* (high = +80.0C, crit = +90.0C)

Core 2:****** +40.0C* (high = +80.0C, crit = +90.0C)
*
As you can see, the result is not complete. My laptop is dell studio 1458, and the cpu is i3. I am supposed to modify the sensors.conf to add something so as to make sensors show the rpm of my fan. But the problem is I don't know my chip's name. I guess my chip's name should be coretemp, but there is no coretemp in the conf.

My final purpose is to control down the fan, and I am in wheezy.
What should I do?
Thanks