Old 11-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Sian Mountbatten

Default wheezy konqueror - cannot download Adobe Flashplayer

Konqueror displays the following when I try to download Ubuntu APT version
--/cfusion/downloadcenter/flashplayer/otherversions/[object
HTMLAnchorElement]/

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/cfusion/downloadcenter/flashplayer/otherversions/[object
HTMLAnchorElement]/
at jrun.servlet.file.FileServlet.service(FileServlet. java:356)
at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker. java:106)
at
jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvok erChain.java:42)
at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequ estDispatcher.java:286)
at
jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(Servlet EngineService.java:543)
at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebSer vice.java:172)
at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRu nnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java :66)
Firefox and iceweasel similarly cannot download the Adobe file.

--
Sian

Old 11-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 23:21:13 +0000, Sian Mountbatten wrote:

> Konqueror displays the following when I try to download Ubuntu APT
> version --/cfusion/downloadcenter/flashplayer/otherversions/[object
> HTMLAnchorElement]/

(...)

Try with the tar.gz file. It is the easiest way to get the plugin from
Adobe's site. You only have to place the "*.so" file into the plugins
folder.

> Firefox and iceweasel similarly cannot download the Adobe file.

APT option also fails here (Firefox), it seems it tries to stablish a
connection to some apt:// protocol that Firefox cannot handle. Not sure
what's the purpose of this APT option, though, maybe an Ubuntu thingy :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Wolodja Wentland

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 23:21 +0000, Sian Mountbatten wrote:
> Konqueror displays the following when I try to download Ubuntu APT version
> --/cfusion/downloadcenter/flashplayer/otherversions/[object
> HTMLAnchorElement]/

I am not quite sure why you want to install the flash plugin from Ubuntu
because it is packaged in Debian. Just install the flashplugin-nonfree package
and you should be fine.

Please note that you have to manually update it with:

update-flashplugin-nonfree --install

as this does not happen automagically once a new version is available from
upstream.

If this does not suit your needs you might want to elaborate on your
requirements.
--
Wolodja <babilen@gmail.com>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA 36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC

Old 11-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Sian Mountbatten

Wolodja Wentland wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 23:21 +0000, Sian Mountbatten wrote:
>> Konqueror displays the following when I try to download Ubuntu APT
>> version --/cfusion/downloadcenter/flashplayer/otherversions/[object
>> HTMLAnchorElement]/
>
> I am not quite sure why you want to install the flash plugin from
Ubuntu
> because it is packaged in Debian. Just install the flashplugin-
nonfree
> package and you should be fine.
>
> Please note that you have to manually update it with:
>
> update-flashplugin-nonfree --install
>
> as this does not happen automagically once a new version is available
from
> upstream.
>
> If this does not suit your needs you might want to elaborate on your
> requirements.
Thank you. I've installed the nonfree package and run the
update-flashplugin-nonfree program as described. I reloaded
Firefox and discovered that the video works beautifully.

Thank you very much for your help.

--
Sian

Old 11-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Sian Mountbatten

Camaleón wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 23:21:13 +0000, Sian Mountbatten wrote:
>
>> Konqueror displays the following when I try to download Ubuntu APT
>> version --/cfusion/downloadcenter/flashplayer/otherversions/[object
>> HTMLAnchorElement]/
>
> (...)
>
> Try with the tar.gz file. It is the easiest way to get the plugin
from
> Adobe's site. You only have to place the "*.so" file into the plugins
> folder.

I tried that, but it did not work. However, from another reply, I
have installed the flashplugin-nonfree package which does work.

Thank you for your time.
--
Sian

Old 11-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 16:49:43 +0000, Sian Mountbatten wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 23:21:13 +0000, Sian Mountbatten wrote:
>>
>>> Konqueror displays the following when I try to download Ubuntu APT
>>> version --/cfusion/downloadcenter/flashplayer/otherversions/[object
>>> HTMLAnchorElement]/
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> Try with the tar.gz file. It is the easiest way to get the plugin
> from
>> Adobe's site. You only have to place the "*.so" file into the plugins
>> folder.
>>
> I tried that, but it did not work. However, from another reply, I have
> installed the flashplugin-nonfree package which does work.

Maybe is that you did something wrong because this option has been
working since years for me :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 11-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Walter Hurry

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 17:19:27 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 16:49:43 +0000, Sian Mountbatten wrote:
>
>> Camaleón wrote:

>>> (...)
>>>
>>> Try with the tar.gz file. It is the easiest way to get the plugin
>> from
>>> Adobe's site. You only have to place the "*.so" file into the plugins
>>> folder.
>>>
>> I tried that, but it did not work. However, from another reply, I have
>> installed the flashplugin-nonfree package which does work.
>
> Maybe is that you did something wrong because this option has been
> working since years for me :-)

Indeed. As I understand it all the flashplugin-nonfree does in essence is
to install a script which effectively does the same thing.

For my part, all I do (for Firefox/Iceweasel) is download the .tgz from
Adobe, extract libflashplayer.so, throw away anything else, copy it into
the plugins directory (/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins in my case) and set the
permissions appropriately.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Walter Hurry

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 17:45:14 +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 17:19:27 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>>> from
>>>>
>>> I tried that, but it did not work. However, from another reply, I have
>>> installed the flashplugin-nonfree package which does work.
>>
>> Maybe is that you did something wrong because this option has been
>> working since years for me :-)
>
> Indeed. As I understand it all the flashplugin-nonfree does in essence
> is to install a script which effectively does the same thing.
>
> For my part, all I do (for Firefox/Iceweasel) is download the .tgz from
> Adobe, extract libflashplayer.so, throw away anything else, copy it into
> the plugins directory (/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins in my case) and set
> the permissions appropriately.

To clarify, that means I do the same as Camaleón.
Permissions should be 755, btw.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Harry Putnam

Walter Hurry <walterhurry@lavabit.com> writes:

> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . copy it
> into the plugins directory (/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins in my case)
> and set the permissions appropriately.

Anyone; where is the appropriate plugin directory for konqueror

dpkg -L konqueror|grep plugin

/usr/lib/kde4/khtmlkttsdplugin.so
/usr/lib/kde4/konq_shellcmdplugin.so
/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/konqueror/plugins.docbook
/usr/share/kde4/apps/khtml/kpartplugins
/usr/share/kde4/apps/khtml/kpartplugins/khtmlkttsd.rc
/usr/share/kde4/apps/khtml/kpartplugins/khtmlkttsd.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/apps/konqueror/about/plugins_rtl.html
/usr/share/kde4/apps/konqueror/about/plugins.html
/usr/share/kde4/apps/konqsidebartng/plugins
/usr/share/kde4/apps/konqsidebartng/plugins/konqsidebar_places.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/apps/konqsidebartng/plugins/konqsidebar_tree.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/apps/konqsidebartng/plugins/konqsidebar_web.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/apps/konqsidebartng/plugins/konqsidebar_history.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/apps/dolphinpart/kpartplugins
/usr/share/kde4/apps/dolphinpart/kpartplugins/kshellcmdplugin.rc
/usr/share/kde4/apps/dolphinpart/kpartplugins/kshellcmdplugin.desktop

find ~/.kde/ -iname '*plugin*'
/home/reader/.kde/share/apps/khtml/kpartplugins
/home/reader/.kde/share/apps/khtml/kpartplugins/minitoolsplugin.rc
/home/reader/.kde/share/apps/khtml/kpartplugins/khtmlsettingsplugin.rc
/home/reader/.kde/share/apps/khtml/kpartplugins/plugin_babelfish.rc
/home/reader/.kde/share/apps/khtml/kpartplugins/uachangerplugin.rc
/home/reader/.kde/share/apps/khtml/kpartplugins/plugin_webarchiver.rc
/home/reader/.kde/share/apps/khtml/kpartplugins/plugin_adblock.rc
/home/reader/.kde/share/apps/dolphinpart/kpartplugins
/home/reader/.kde/share/apps/nsplugins
/home/reader/.kde/share/apps/nsplugins/pluginsinfo
/home/reader/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/kpartplugins
/home/reader/.kde/share/kde4/services/nsplugin.desktop
/home/reader/.kde/share/config/katepartpluginsrc
/home/reader/.kde/share/config/kcmnspluginrc

Old 11-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Camaleón

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 17:12:57 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:

> Walter Hurry <walterhurry@lavabit.com> writes:
>
>> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . copy it into
>> the plugins directory (/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins in my case) and set
>> the permissions appropriately.
>
> Anyone; where is the appropriate plugin directory for konqueror

(...)

Konqueror has always allowed different paths/places to put/search for the
web plugins (java, flash player...), which is usually viewable from
"Configure Konqueror > Web Browsing > Plugins" settings.

More info on konqueror plugins:

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase-apps/konqueror/plugins.html

Greetings,

--