FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Tom H
 
Default Automatic subscription to self-opened bug reports

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 13:53:47 -0400, Tom H wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 6:19 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:35:29 -0400, Tom H wrote:
>>>
>>> (...)
>>>
>>>> The madduck script automates subscribing to the bugs that you've filed
>>>> for you. There's no need to do this manually.
>>>
>>> If I have correctly read the script, it can be fine for users using
>>> procmail, is that right?
>>>
>>> If yes, I'm not such user, I use Mutt and my Gmail IMAP account and
>>> from time to time, I use reportbug and even another computers which do
>>> not run Debian... so I'm afraid the workaround won't be of any help in
>>> my case :-(
>>
>> I haven't kept the script but I remember a loop with a "sendmail -f
>> ...". You can substitute whatever command is equivalent on your box.
>
> Yep, I suppose that command could be replaced by invoking "mutt", instead.
>
>> This script and the BTS aren;t tied in to the box from which you report
>> a script. As long as you have a Debian or Ubuntu or other Debian
>> derivative box with devscripts installed, you should be able to
>> auto-subscribe with this script to all the bugs that you've reported.


> As I read it, the script is basically a loop that retrieves the bug
> number for all the bugs that have been sent by the reporter and sends
> subcription e-mails to the BTS robot... but you still have to manually
> reply to the incoming confirmation e-mails, right? And this is when the
> Procmail recipe comes into play, I guess, to close the cycle.

I don't remember the procmail reference but I'll trust you (I looked
at the page for a few seconds at most (!) so I could easily have
misread/misunderstood. You certainly have to reconfirm your
subscription manually or otherwise...


> It can be useful for mass-susbcriptions and mass-confirmation (when used
> alongside Procmail or a similar filter to do the job) but is still too
> much work -IMO- for bug reporters that are not using such mailing schema.

I couldn't agree more but if the BTS developers want it this way,
there isn't another option...


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CAOdo=SycpKXT-n-YoFU1mddCtsovvuGWvatLOy+jJYzERXnDZA@mail.gmail.com ">http://lists.debian.org/CAOdo=SycpKXT-n-YoFU1mddCtsovvuGWvatLOy+jJYzERXnDZA@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 11-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Camaleón
 
Default Automatic subscription to self-opened bug reports

On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 14:17:01 -0400, Tom H wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>>> This script and the BTS aren;t tied in to the box from which you
>>> report a script. As long as you have a Debian or Ubuntu or other
>>> Debian derivative box with devscripts installed, you should be able to
>>> auto-subscribe with this script to all the bugs that you've reported.
>
>
>> As I read it, the script is basically a loop that retrieves the bug
>> number for all the bugs that have been sent by the reporter and sends
>> subcription e-mails to the BTS robot... but you still have to manually
>> reply to the incoming confirmation e-mails, right? And this is when the
>> Procmail recipe comes into play, I guess, to close the cycle.
>
> I don't remember the procmail reference but I'll trust you

Never trust anyone, human people have many bugs and fail :-)

The proposed procmail recipe is available here:

http://git.madduck.net/v/etc/mailfilter.git?a=blob;f=procmail/rules/debian-debbugs-autosubscribe;hb=HEAD

> (I looked at the page for a few seconds at most (!) so I could easily have
> misread/misunderstood. You certainly have to reconfirm your subscription
> manually or otherwise...

Yes, and that's an overwhelming task if it has to be done manually.

>> It can be useful for mass-susbcriptions and mass-confirmation (when
>> used alongside Procmail or a similar filter to do the job) but is still
>> too much work -IMO- for bug reporters that are not using such mailing
>> schema.
>
> I couldn't agree more but if the BTS developers want it this way, there
> isn't another option...

Sadly yes, that's what we have now. And it's not only the BTS infrastructure,
people who help with Debian translation have to use a system that is almost
100% manually handled.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2011.11.02.14.05.22@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.11.02.14.05.22@gmail.com
 
Old 11-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Tom H
 
Default Automatic subscription to self-opened bug reports

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 14:17:01 -0400, Tom H wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> This script and the BTS aren;t tied in to the box from which you
>>>> report a script. As long as you have a Debian or Ubuntu or other
>>>> Debian derivative box with devscripts installed, you should be able to
>>>> auto-subscribe with this script to all the bugs that you've reported.
>>>
>>> As I read it, the script is basically a loop that retrieves the bug
>>> number for all the bugs that have been sent by the reporter and sends
>>> subcription e-mails to the BTS robot... but you still have to manually
>>> reply to the incoming confirmation e-mails, right? And this is when the
>>> Procmail recipe comes into play, I guess, to close the cycle.
>>
>> I don't remember the procmail reference but I'll trust you
>
> Never trust anyone, human people have many bugs and fail :-)
>
> The proposed procmail recipe is available here:
>
> http://git.madduck.net/v/etc/mailfilter.git?a=blob;f=procmail/rules/debian-debbugs-autosubscribe;hb=HEAD

Thanks. I was just too busy to look up the link in the archives so had
to choose to trust you!.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: CAOdo=SxX996LYp=5Xwqag0--2QRsaX2Ro-_fD4JSywRbGaC2Cg@mail.gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/CAOdo=SxX996LYp=5Xwqag0--2QRsaX2Ro-_fD4JSywRbGaC2Cg@mail.gmail.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:34 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org