Old 10-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Richard Bown

Default Unusual events in claws mail

Hi
I eventually got Claws installed v 3.7.10, but I'm getting some strange
events.
1.
The lowercase letter T is missing, every other app its there, including
CLI.
2 its saying all the folders on the imap server are unread, Evo and my
android phone don't have this problem, With 35500 messages in the all
mail folder on the server and another few thousand in others, the action
of getting mail takes a half hour plus.
3. I thinks its sending part messages, ie sending after a few words are
typed when composing, and repeating the action again and again.

I've tried getting on the claws mailing list but mail to the list is
rejected, after the list acceptance message has been sent.

Is anyone else using Claws v 3.7.10 getting similar effects ?
--
Best wishes / 73
Richard Bown

E-mail: richard@g8jvm.com

nil carborundum a illegitemis
################################################## ######################
Sent by Evolution 2.30.3 on Debian squeeze amd64 . Dual core AMD Athlon
5200
Ham Call:G8JVM
Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38:LAT. 52 39.720':N LONG. 2 28.171 W (degs,mins )
QRV HF + VHF Microwave 23 cms:140W,13 cms:100W,6 cms:10W & 3 cms:5W

Old 10-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Weaver

On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 21:30:52 +0100
Richard Bown <richard.bown@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
> I eventually got Claws installed v 3.7.10, but I'm getting some
> strange events.
> 1.
> The lowercase letter T is missing, every other app its there,
> including CLI.
> 2 its saying all the folders on the imap server are unread, Evo and my
> android phone don't have this problem, With 35500 messages in the all
> mail folder on the server and another few thousand in others, the
> action of getting mail takes a half hour plus.
> 3. I thinks its sending part messages, ie sending after a few words
> are typed when composing, and repeating the action again and again.
>
> I've tried getting on the claws mailing list but mail to the list is
> rejected, after the list acceptance message has been sent.
>
> Is anyone else using Claws v 3.7.10 getting similar effects ?

No. That's strange.
I'm using 3.7.10 on Sid to send this.
As you can see, no problems.
I don't know what to suggest, other than it appears to be just a
broken install and something misconfigured
I'd look at removing and re-installing.
What mail you've already received should be safe.
Regards,

Weaver.

--
"In a world without walls and fences,
what need have we for Windows or Gates?"

Old 10-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Charlie

On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 21:30:52 +0100 "Richard Bown
richard.bown@blueyonder.co.uk" suggested this:

>Hi
>I eventually got Claws installed v 3.7.10, but I'm getting some strange
>events.
>1.
>The lowercase letter T is missing, every other app its there, including
>CLI.
>2 its saying all the folders on the imap server are unread, Evo and my
>android phone don't have this problem, With 35500 messages in the all
>mail folder on the server and another few thousand in others, the
>action of getting mail takes a half hour plus.
>3. I thinks its sending part messages, ie sending after a few words are
>typed when composing, and repeating the action again and again.
>
>I've tried getting on the claws mailing list but mail to the list is
>rejected, after the list acceptance message has been sent.
>
>Is anyone else using Claws v 3.7.10 getting similar effects ?

This helps you not at all I know but, using:

Debian testing
3.0.0-1-686-pae

Claws Mail
version 3.7.10

Without any problems at all. So not seeing the things you describe.

Claws mail was a standard install and upgrades, so I have no suggestion
of value.

Sorry I can't help more.

Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

If you argue for your limitations, you get to keep them. .....Richard
Bach

Old 10-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Richard Bown

On Thu, 2011-10-06 at 09:29 +1100, Charlie wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 21:30:52 +0100 "Richard Bown
> richard.bown@blueyonder.co.uk" suggested this:
>
> >Hi
> >I eventually got Claws installed v 3.7.10, but I'm getting some strange
> >events.
> >1.
> >The lowercase letter T is missing, every other app its there, including
> >CLI.
> >2 its saying all the folders on the imap server are unread, Evo and my
> >android phone don't have this problem, With 35500 messages in the all
> >mail folder on the server and another few thousand in others, the
> >action of getting mail takes a half hour plus.
> >3. I thinks its sending part messages, ie sending after a few words are
> >typed when composing, and repeating the action again and again.
> >
> >I've tried getting on the claws mailing list but mail to the list is
> >rejected, after the list acceptance message has been sent.
> >
> >Is anyone else using Claws v 3.7.10 getting similar effects ?
>
> This helps you not at all I know but, using:
>
> Debian testing
> 3.0.0-1-686-pae
>
> Claws Mail
> version 3.7.10
>
> Without any problems at all. So not seeing the things you describe.
>
> Claws mail was a standard install and upgrades, so I have no suggestion
> of value.
>
> Sorry I can't help more.
>
> Charlie
> --
Thanks Charlie
I reinstalled this from the CLI and the folders on the server have now
gone to read, but when trying to mark the local folders, those post
filtering, its very slowly going through the 5700 messages that are in
it. There should only be about 800 , but there are duplicates of
duplicates from its earlier antics.

What is the significance of the tick marks on some of the folder icons,
might get some clue as to what its trying to do.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Charlie

On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 00:01:12 +0100 "Richard Bown
richard.bown@blueyonder.co.uk" suggested this:

>What is the significance of the tick marks on some of the folder icons,
>might get some clue as to what its trying to do.

This means that there are some emails within that folder marked for
some reason. To reread or to quote at a later date or to use in some
text or whatever. You must have marked them I suppose?

Marked for future reference of some kind. The tic on the folder shows
you where you will find them.

HTH
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
--Albert Einstein

Old 10-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Brad Rogers

On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 00:01:12 +0100
Richard Bown <richard.bown@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

Hello Richard,

> gone to read, but when trying to mark the local folders, those post
> filtering, its very slowly going through the 5700 messages that are in
> it. There should only be about 800 , but there are duplicates of

If filtering progress is slow, you might have logging turned on. I'd
suggest turning it off, as that's a massive drag.

Go to Configuration menu, Preferences->Other->Logging.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is