-   -   XChat links to the Debian BTS (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/584038-xchat-links-debian-bts.html)

Andreas Rönnquist 10-05-2011 06:28 PM

XChat links to the Debian BTS

Hi everybody.

Using XChat, is there a way to interpret #nnnnnn as a link to
http://bugs.debian.org/nnnnnn? As it is now, #nnnnnn is interpreted as
an IRC channel (Which pretty much always is wrong if n is a number), and
gives me the option to join it - not quite what I want.

I guess this would involve some scripting, but not having done any
scripting for XChat I dont really know where to start. In the option
menus I do find "Auto replace", but that seems to only involve what I
write in my messages and replaces stuff in my message before it gets to
the channel.

I am using XChat 2.8.8 on stable.

Help would be very much appreciated.
best regards