-   -   rar: How to figure out the entry for sources.list (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/583965-rar-how-figure-out-entry-sources-list.html)

Harry Putnam 10-05-2011 04:44 PM

rar: How to figure out the entry for sources.list

How does on go about figuring out the exact entry for
/etc/apt/sources.list in order to download packages
like rar?

I googled and found such an entry for lenny:
deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates non-free
deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile non-free

Is it as simple as just inserting wheezy for lenny?

And if I didn't find that google hit. Is there some way to figure
that out from the search at:

http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=names&suite=all&section=all&keywor ds=rar

Wayne Topa 10-05-2011 05:02 PM

rar: How to figure out the entry for sources.list

How does on go about figuring out the exact entry for
/etc/apt/sources.list in order to download packages
like rar?

Install the debian-reference package. Although it does not directly
answer your rar question, section 2 does explain how the packegeing
system works, with examples.

It is the Bible of the Debian system and is a 'must' read for anyone new
to Debian.

I googled and found such an entry for lenny:
deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates non-free
deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile non-free

Is it as simple as just inserting wheezy for lenny?

And if I didn't find that google hit. Is there some way to figure
that out from the search at:

http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=names&suite=all&section=all&keywor ds=rar

HTH

Archive: 4E8C8DBC.7040607@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E8C8DBC.7040607@gmail.com