Old 10-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Darac Marjal

Default rsync installation insserv warnings

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 09:52:39AM +0000, Ramon Hofer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> When I want to install rsync I get an error about init.d scripts.
> I found that "apt-get -f install" solves the problem but not this time.
>
> The errors I get are:
>
> insserv: warning: script 'K01vpnagentd_init' missing LSB tags and
> overrides
> insserv: warning: script 'vpnagentd_init' missing LSB tags and overrides
> insserv: Starting vpnagentd_init depends on rmnologin and therefore on
> system facility `$all' which can not be true!
>
> Here you can find the output of "apt-get -f install" (line 1), "apt-get
> install rsync" (line 6) and again "apt-get -f install" (line 654):
> http://pastebin.com/dt5N535k
>
> What can I do to get rid of these errors.
> Btw rsync works fine but I get these errors anyway.

The problem is not rsync. The problem is whichever package installed
vpnagentd_init. On my sid system, I can't see that in any package, so I
shall assume it's something you know about.

Under insserv, the format of initscripts is proscribed; that is, they
need a special comment block at the top to determining ordering. Please
read http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts then either update
vpnagentd_init or request whomever provided you with that file to update
it.

--
Darac Marjal

Old 10-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Ramon Hofer

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 12:02:23 +0100, Darac Marjal wrote:
> The problem is not rsync. The problem is whichever package installed
> vpnagentd_init. On my sid system, I can't see that in any package, so I
> shall assume it's something you know about.

Oh, now I know: it must be Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client which I got from
my university.
I just thought it might be rsync because the error disappears when I
remove rsync...

> Under insserv, the format of initscripts is proscribed; that is, they
> need a special comment block at the top to determining ordering. Please
> read http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts then either update
> vpnagentd_init or request whomever provided you with that file to update
> it.

Thanks for the link I'll give my best to update it.
And I will as well tell the guys from my school.

Regards