Old 10-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Mark Panen

Default SeaMonkey & Firefox compatibility & Google

Hi,

My previous desktop distro i used Firefox. So i backed up all of my
Firefox files and installed Squeeze.

Once Squeeze was installed i took the Firefox files and inserted them
in the Sea Monkey directory.

It worked.

Only one hassle, i have intermittent problems with google, it takes a
search sometimes 30 seconds to load or hangs and does not search at
all.

Other search engines work fine from the top right hand search tab bar.

Any idea's guys?

--
Cheers
Mark

Old 10-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 04/10/11 14:41, Mark Panen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My previous desktop distro i used Firefox. So i backed up all of my
> Firefox files and installed Squeeze.
>
> Once Squeeze was installed i took the Firefox files and inserted them
> in the Sea Monkey directory.
>
> It worked.
>
> Only one hassle, i have intermittent problems with google, it takes a
> search sometimes 30 seconds to load or hangs and does not search at
> all.
>
> Other search engines work fine from the top right hand search tab bar.
>
> Any idea's guys?

I don't know about Sea Monkey - but have you checked the extensions db?
Also consider about:config and checking the google entries against
default Firefox/Iceweasel ones. (if there was an easy way to copy them,
I'd post them)

I've moved settings from Firefox to Iceweasel without problem.
It's the same thing rebranded, just move the "gibberish.default" folder
into:-
~/.mozilla/firefox and edit profiles to point at the "gibberish.default"
name.
Perhaps that might work better for you.

NOTE: if you have problems with extensions, repost for instructions.

Cheers

Old 10-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Camaleón

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 05:41:45 +0200, Mark Panen wrote:

(...)

> Only one hassle, i have intermittent problems with google, it takes a
> search sometimes 30 seconds to load or hangs and does not search at all.
>
> Other search engines work fine from the top right hand search tab bar.
>
> Any idea's guys?

Try with a Firefox empty profile and check if Google's bar works as
expected from there. Maybe the backed files and settings are not of the
liking of your new browser :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón