-   -   ACPI I/O resource conflicts with ACPI region SMBI (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/582993-acpi-i-o-resource-conflicts-acpi-region-smbi.html)

Mathieu Malaterre 10-03-2011 03:46 PM

ACPI I/O resource conflicts with ACPI region SMBI

Dear all,

I am trying to install a debian stable on my new DELL Vostro 3750.
the d-i went perfectly fine. However when booting up debian, boots
stops at:

Waiting for /dev to be fully populated
[10.133655] ACPI I/O resource 0000:00:1f.3 [0xefa0-0xefbf] conflicts
with ACPI region SMBI [0xefa0-0xefaf]

All I could find was people complaining about this message in dmesg,
however in my case, booting simply stops. I cannot go any further.

Does anyone knows what I should try next to get passed this ?

Thanks
--
Mathieu