Old 10-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Sthu Deus

Default LXDE-related diver questions

Good time of the day.

1. I can not make minimize windows in LXDE w/ shortcut Alt-F2. In

.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml

I have:

<keybind key="A-F2">
<action name="Minimize"/>
</keybind>

What is wrong?

2. Also why these does not start:

<keybind key="C-A-3">
<action name="Execute">
<startupnotify>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<name>Chromium qwe</name>
</startupnotify>
<command>/usr/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu -u qwe
-c /usr/bin/chromium</command> </action>
</keybind>

<keybind key="C-A-5">
<action name="Execute">
<startupnotify>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<name>qBitTorrent qwe</name>
</startupnotify>
<command>/usr/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu -u qwe
-c /usr/bin/qbittorrent</command> </action>
</keybind>

- auth. dialog appears and after successful auth. the program does
not appear, while this:

<keybind key="C-A-1">
<action name="Execute">
<startupnotify>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<name>Claws-Mail qwe</name>
</startupnotify>
<command>/usr/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu -u qwe
-c /usr/bin/claws-mail</command> </action>
</keybind>

works?

3. How I can configure konsole to start w/ multiple tabs in LXDE? - In
KDE it saves session and starts as wanted but in LXDE - not - just
single tab. I have searched the web and found that it is possible to
specify additional tab by issueing

konsole --new-tab

but want more than one more.

4. Can LXDE remember the possion of some al least windows on the
screen? - Or may specify in a script the coordinates of the windows I
run at least on start up?

Thanks for Your time and knowledge.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Claudius Hubig

Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@gmail.com> wrote:
>3. How I can configure konsole to start w/ multiple tabs in LXDE? - In
>KDE it saves session and starts as wanted but in LXDE - not - just
>single tab. I have searched the web and found that it is possible to
>specify additional tab by issueing
>
>konsole --new-tab
>
>but want more than one more.

I didn’t test this with konsole, but xfce-terminal and gnome-terminal
add more tabs if you repeat the argument, such as:

$ konsole --new-tab --new-tab

Best regards,

Claudius
--
Be a better psychiatrist and the world will beat a psychopath to your door.
Please use GPG: ECB0C2C7 4A4C4046 446ADF86 C08112E5 D72CDBA4

Old 10-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 19:24 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> 4. Can LXDE remember the possion of some al least windows on the
> screen? - Or may specify in a script the coordinates of the windows I
> run at least on start up?

IIRC this did KDE3 + remembering the size. More wanted would be
additionally to remember the workspace. Perhaps KDE4 is able to do this,
but regarding to other issues KDE4 for my needs is a PITA. AFAIK, no DE,
but KDE has such abilities. I'm using GNOME2, but LXDE is one of the DEs
I used too.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Sthu Deus

Thank You for Your time and answer, Claudius:

>I didn’t test this with konsole, but xfce-terminal and gnome-terminal
>add more tabs if you repeat the argument, such as:
>
>$ konsole --new-tab --new-tab

I also have tried the trick before I posted my message, - but it did
not have same effect as w/ the programs You just have mentioned. After
farther searching the web I have come to conclusion that sort of
session/profile file should be created but did not find its
syntax/etc.

Let's see may KDE users know the answer.