Old 10-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Rares Aioanei

Default Screenshots on Fluxbox?

Hi all,

Don't know if this is a bug or PEBKAC or what is the package to report bugs against. The idea is xfce4-screenshooter and gnome-screenshot-tool segfault on Fluxbox (testing/unstable machine, up-to-date), while working ok on LXDE. Does anyone have some experience or insight on this?

Thanks in advance,
--
Rares Aioanei

Old 10-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 14:26 +0300, Rares Aioanei wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Don't know if this is a bug or PEBKAC or what is the package to report
> bugs against. The idea is xfce4-screenshooter and
> gnome-screenshot-tool segfault on Fluxbox (testing/unstable machine,
> up-to-date), while working ok on LXDE. Does anyone have some
> experience or insight on this?
>
> Thanks in advance,

I can't help you with your problem, but you might give shutter a trial,
IMO the best screenshot tool. YMMV.

I'm using testing, but shutter is from the stable repositories here, for
Sid it seems to be available too.

Hth,

Ralf

Old 10-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Tom Ashley

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 14:26:18 +0300
Rares Aioanei <rares.aioanei@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Don't know if this is a bug or PEBKAC or what is the package to
> report bugs against. The idea is xfce4-screenshooter and
> gnome-screenshot-tool segfault on Fluxbox (testing/unstable machine,
> up-to-date), while working ok on LXDE. Does anyone have some
> experience or insight on this?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Hi,

I'm running Fluxbox without a dm on an up-to-date AMD64
testing/unstable box and use xfce4-screenshooter without any problems.
My ~/.fluxbox/keys entry is
"Print :ExecCommand /usr/bin/xfce4-screenshooter".

HTH

--
Tom Ashley

Old 10-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Rares Aioanei

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:37:33 -0400
Tom Ashley <tomashleyjr@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 14:26:18 +0300
> Rares Aioanei <rares.aioanei@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Don't know if this is a bug or PEBKAC or what is the package to
> > report bugs against. The idea is xfce4-screenshooter and
> > gnome-screenshot-tool segfault on Fluxbox (testing/unstable machine,
> > up-to-date), while working ok on LXDE. Does anyone have some
> > experience or insight on this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Fluxbox without a dm on an up-to-date AMD64
> testing/unstable box and use xfce4-screenshooter without any problems.
> My ~/.fluxbox/keys entry is
> "Print :ExecCommand /usr/bin/xfce4-screenshooter".
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Tom Ashley
Thanks for your responses. I tried running both commands from terminal and I simply got "Segmentation fault". Will try scrot or shutter.

--
Rares Aioanei