Old 10-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Роман Новиков

Default emacs rmail: how to save sent messages

hi, all.

trying to adjust emacs rmail. almost everything is great, but cannot understand how to tell emacs to save all the sent messages into file i want (~/mail/sent for example). does anybody know - what to do?

thanks!

roman

Old 10-03-2011, 06:03 AM
Volkan YAZICI

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 03:14:48 +0400, *оман Новиков writes:
> trying to adjust emacs rmail. almost everything is great, but cannot
> understand how to tell emacs to save all the sent messages into file i
> want (~/mail/sent for example). does anybody know - what to do?

I don't know its equivalent in rmail, but in gnus I just use a hook to
add "Gcc: nnml:sent" header to every mail I write.

Best.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:04 AM
Volkan YAZICI

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 03:14:48 +0400, *оман Новиков writes:
> trying to adjust emacs rmail. almost everything is great, but cannot
> understand how to tell emacs to save all the sent messages into file i
> want (~/mail/sent for example). does anybody know - what to do?

I don't know its equivalent in rmail, but in gnus I just use a hook to
add "Gcc: nnml:sent" header to every mail I write. (Related gnus
variable is `gnus-message-archive-group'. Maybe rmail configuration is
something similar.)

Best.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Роман Новиков

does anybody knows what about rmail? C-h ? v did not get any related results (
Karl Vogel suggested to send all the mails to the "sent" account, but it is crutch, may be we find mo correct way

--
С уважением,
*оман Новиков

Old 10-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Volkan YAZICI

Googling for "emacs rmail archive sent mail" returned me this[1] and
this[2]. Both apply the same approach.

[1] http://astronomy.sussex.ac.uk/~sjo/idl_help/.emacs
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.help/browse_thread/thread/6e5d738dd9c0c5c7

Old 10-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Роман Новиков

that is what i was looking for! thanks, google-guru)

--
С уважением,
*оман Новиков