-   -   emacs rmail: how to save sent messages (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/582771-emacs-rmail-how-save-sent-messages.html)

Роман Новиков 10-02-2011 11:14 PM

emacs rmail: how to save sent messages

hi, all.

trying to adjust emacs rmail. almost everything is great, but cannot understand how to tell emacs to save all the sent messages into file i want (~/mail/sent for example). does anybody know - what to do?

thanks!

roman

Volkan YAZICI 10-03-2011 06:03 AM

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 03:14:48 +0400, *оман Новиков writes:
> trying to adjust emacs rmail. almost everything is great, but cannot
> understand how to tell emacs to save all the sent messages into file i
> want (~/mail/sent for example). does anybody know - what to do?

I don't know its equivalent in rmail, but in gnus I just use a hook to
add "Gcc: nnml:sent" header to every mail I write.

Best.

Volkan YAZICI 10-03-2011 06:04 AM

emacs rmail: how to save sent messages

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 03:14:48 +0400, *оман Новиков writes:
> trying to adjust emacs rmail. almost everything is great, but cannot
> understand how to tell emacs to save all the sent messages into file i
> want (~/mail/sent for example). does anybody know - what to do?

I don't know its equivalent in rmail, but in gnus I just use a hook to
add "Gcc: nnml:sent" header to every mail I write. (Related gnus
variable is `gnus-message-archive-group'. Maybe rmail configuration is
something similar.)

Best.

Роман Новиков 10-03-2011 07:52 AM

emacs rmail: how to save sent messages

does anybody knows what about rmail? C-h ? v did not get any related results (
Karl Vogel suggested to send all the mails to the "sent" account, but it is crutch, may be we find mo correct way ;)

--
С уважением,
*оман Новиков

Volkan YAZICI 10-03-2011 07:57 AM

emacs rmail: how to save sent messages

Googling for "emacs rmail archive sent mail" returned me this[1] and
this[2]. Both apply the same approach.

[1] http://astronomy.sussex.ac.uk/~sjo/idl_help/.emacs
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.help/browse_thread/thread/6e5d738dd9c0c5c7

Роман Новиков 10-03-2011 08:12 AM

emacs rmail: how to save sent messages

that is what i was looking for! thanks, google-guru)

--
С уважением,
*оман Новиков