Old 10-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Jerome BENOIT

Default key shortcut rendering xterm console full screen

Hello List:

Since a while on my Wheezy box, by accident under Gnome, my fingers slide
and render the xterm console full screen. As I would like to reproduce it
and to scape from it, but not by accident, I want to know the involved key
shortcut.

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

Archive: 4E88910E.9000303@rezozer.net">http://lists.debian.org/4E88910E.9000303@rezozer.net

Old 10-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Dom

Since a while on my Wheezy box, by accident under Gnome, my fingers slide
and render the xterm console full screen. As I would like to reproduce it
and to scape from it, but not by accident, I want to know the involved key
shortcut.

Might you have accidentally pressed F11? That is used on some
applications as a switch between window and full screen mode.

--
Dom

Archive: 4E8897B8.6040802@rpdom.net">http://lists.debian.org/4E8897B8.6040802@rpdom.net

Old 10-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Jerome BENOIT

Since a while on my Wheezy box, by accident under Gnome, my fingers slide
and render the xterm console full screen. As I would like to reproduce it
and to scape from it, but not by accident, I want to know the involved key
shortcut.

Might you have accidentally pressed F11? That is used on some applications as a switch between window and full screen mode.

No, only left and right lower keys on my Apple keyboard are involved:

Archive: 4E88A5AC.50508@rezozer.net">http://lists.debian.org/4E88A5AC.50508@rezozer.net

Old 10-02-2011, 08:38 PM
"ClŠudio E. Elicker"

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 18:27:58 +0200
Jerome BENOIT <g6299304p@rezozer.net> wrote:

> Hello List:
>
> Since a while on my Wheezy box, by accident under Gnome, my fingers
> slide and render the xterm console full screen. As I would like to
> reproduce it and to scape from it, but not by accident, I want to
> know the involved key shortcut.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jerome

ALT+ENTER works here.

--
Whoever dies with the most toys wins.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Jerome BENOIT

Hello List:

Since a while on my Wheezy box, by accident under Gnome, my fingers
slide and render the xterm console full screen. As I would like to
reproduce it and to scape from it, but not by accident, I want to
know the involved key shortcut.

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

ALT+ENTER works here.

This is the shortcut: to get full screen and to escape from it

Is it specific to Gnome or to X stuff ?

Thanks again,
Jerome

Old 10-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Doug

Since a while on my Wheezy box, by accident under Gnome, my fingers
slide and render the xterm console full screen. As I would like to
reproduce it and to scape from it, but not by accident, I want to
know the involved key shortcut.

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

ALT+ENTER works here.

Tried alt-enter on pclos (kde) and nothing happened. --doug

Archive: 4E88D47C.3060805@optonline.net">http://lists.debian.org/4E88D47C.3060805@optonline.net

Old 10-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Wayne Topa

Since a while on my Wheezy box, by accident under Gnome, my fingers
slide and render the xterm console full screen. As I would like to
reproduce it and to scape from it, but not by accident, I want to
know the involved key shortcut.

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

ALT+ENTER works here.

This is the shortcut: to get full screen and to escape from it

Is it specific to Gnome or to X stuff ?

Here, on wheezy under fluxbox, it is either Alt key+Enter.

Archive: 4E88DDEC.7020404@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E88DDEC.7020404@gmail.com

Old 10-02-2011, 11:37 PM
"ClŠudio E. Elicker"

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 23:00:20 +0200
Jerome BENOIT <g6299304p@rezozer.net> wrote:

> This is the shortcut: to get full screen and to escape from it
>
> Is it specific to Gnome or to X stuff ?

I'm using Openbox, so it seems to be not specific to Gnome.

I think that this shortcut makes xterm to "ask" the window manager to
render xterm in fullscreen mode.

A search for 'fullscreen' in the xterm manpage may lead to a better
answer than I can conjure in a few lines.

--
Whoever dies with the most toys wins.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:41 PM
"ClŠudio E. Elicker"

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 17:15:40 -0400
Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:

> Tried alt-enter on pclos (kde) and nothing happened. --doug

Did a quick test with 3 window managers in Lenny and Wheezy:

Lenny Wheezy

KDE no not tested
IceWM no OK
Openbox no OK

no = ALT+ENTER does not work. Actually it does a funky "cursor up".
OK = ALT+ENTER does fullscreen

I can't see any logic...

--
Whoever dies with the most toys wins.