Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Debian User (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/)
-   -   key shortcut rendering xterm console full screen (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/582653-key-shortcut-rendering-xterm-console-full-screen.html)

Jerome BENOIT 10-02-2011 04:27 PM

key shortcut rendering xterm console full screen
 
Hello List:

Since a while on my Wheezy box, by accident under Gnome, my fingers slide
and render the xterm console full screen. As I would like to reproduce it
and to scape from it, but not by accident, I want to know the involved key
shortcut.

Thanks in advance,
Jerome


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4E88910E.9000303@rezozer.net">http://lists.debian.org/4E88910E.9000303@rezozer.net

Dom 10-02-2011 04:56 PM

key shortcut rendering xterm console full screen
 
On 02/10/11 17:27, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

Hello List:

Since a while on my Wheezy box, by accident under Gnome, my fingers slide
and render the xterm console full screen. As I would like to reproduce it
and to scape from it, but not by accident, I want to know the involved key
shortcut.


Might you have accidentally pressed F11? That is used on some
applications as a switch between window and full screen mode.


--
Dom


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4E8897B8.6040802@rpdom.net">http://lists.debian.org/4E8897B8.6040802@rpdom.net

Jerome BENOIT 10-02-2011 05:55 PM

key shortcut rendering xterm console full screen
 
On 02/10/11 18:56, Dom wrote:

On 02/10/11 17:27, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

Hello List:

Since a while on my Wheezy box, by accident under Gnome, my fingers slide
and render the xterm console full screen. As I would like to reproduce it
and to scape from it, but not by accident, I want to know the involved key
shortcut.


Might you have accidentally pressed F11? That is used on some applications as a switch between window and full screen mode.


No, only left and right lower keys on my Apple keyboard are involved:







--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4E88A5AC.50508@rezozer.net">http://lists.debian.org/4E88A5AC.50508@rezozer.net

"ClŠudio E. Elicker" 10-02-2011 08:38 PM

key shortcut rendering xterm console full screen
 
On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 18:27:58 +0200
Jerome BENOIT <g6299304p@rezozer.net> wrote:

> Hello List:
>
> Since a while on my Wheezy box, by accident under Gnome, my fingers
> slide and render the xterm console full screen. As I would like to
> reproduce it and to scape from it, but not by accident, I want to
> know the involved key shortcut.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jerome
>
>

ALT+ENTER works here.



--
Whoever dies with the most toys wins.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20111002173847.18214c7a@yeh1.parsec">http://lists.debian.org/20111002173847.18214c7a@yeh1.parsec

Jerome BENOIT 10-02-2011 09:00 PM

key shortcut rendering xterm console full screen
 
Hello List:

On 02/10/11 22:38, ClŠudio E. Elicker wrote:

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 18:27:58 +0200
Jerome BENOIT<g6299304p@rezozer.net> wrote:


Hello List:

Since a while on my Wheezy box, by accident under Gnome, my fingers
slide and render the xterm console full screen. As I would like to
reproduce it and to scape from it, but not by accident, I want to
know the involved key shortcut.

Thanks in advance,
Jerome




ALT+ENTER works here.



This is the shortcut: to get full screen and to escape from it

Is it specific to Gnome or to X stuff ?

Thanks again,
Jerome







--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4E88D0E4.3040802@rezozer.net">http://lists.debian.org/4E88D0E4.3040802@rezozer.net

Doug 10-02-2011 09:15 PM

key shortcut rendering xterm console full screen
 
On 10/02/2011 04:38 PM, ClŠudio E. Elicker wrote:

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 18:27:58 +0200
Jerome BENOIT<g6299304p@rezozer.net> wrote:


Hello List:

Since a while on my Wheezy box, by accident under Gnome, my fingers
slide and render the xterm console full screen. As I would like to
reproduce it and to scape from it, but not by accident, I want to
know the involved key shortcut.

Thanks in advance,
Jerome



ALT+ENTER works here.




Tried alt-enter on pclos (kde) and nothing happened. --doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A. M. Greeley


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4E88D47C.3060805@optonline.net">http://lists.debian.org/4E88D47C.3060805@optonline.net

Wayne Topa 10-02-2011 09:55 PM

key shortcut rendering xterm console full screen
 
On 10/02/2011 05:00 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

Hello List:

On 02/10/11 22:38, ClŠudio E. Elicker wrote:

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 18:27:58 +0200
Jerome BENOIT<g6299304p@rezozer.net> wrote:


Hello List:

Since a while on my Wheezy box, by accident under Gnome, my fingers
slide and render the xterm console full screen. As I would like to
reproduce it and to scape from it, but not by accident, I want to
know the involved key shortcut.

Thanks in advance,
Jerome




ALT+ENTER works here.



This is the shortcut: to get full screen and to escape from it

Is it specific to Gnome or to X stuff ?


Here, on wheezy under fluxbox, it is either Alt key+Enter.




--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4E88DDEC.7020404@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E88DDEC.7020404@gmail.com

"ClŠudio E. Elicker" 10-02-2011 11:37 PM

key shortcut rendering xterm console full screen
 
On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 23:00:20 +0200
Jerome BENOIT <g6299304p@rezozer.net> wrote:

> This is the shortcut: to get full screen and to escape from it
>
> Is it specific to Gnome or to X stuff ?
>

I'm using Openbox, so it seems to be not specific to Gnome.

I think that this shortcut makes xterm to "ask" the window manager to
render xterm in fullscreen mode.

A search for 'fullscreen' in the xterm manpage may lead to a better
answer than I can conjure in a few lines.


--
Whoever dies with the most toys wins.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20111002203742.44329b53@yeh1.parsec">http://lists.debian.org/20111002203742.44329b53@yeh1.parsec

"ClŠudio E. Elicker" 10-02-2011 11:41 PM

key shortcut rendering xterm console full screen
 
On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 17:15:40 -0400
Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:

> Tried alt-enter on pclos (kde) and nothing happened. --doug
>


Did a quick test with 3 window managers in Lenny and Wheezy:

Lenny Wheezy

KDE no not tested
IceWM no OK
Openbox no OK

no = ALT+ENTER does not work. Actually it does a funky "cursor up".
OK = ALT+ENTER does fullscreen


I can't see any logic...


--
Whoever dies with the most toys wins.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20111002204150.40d0275d@yeh1.parsec">http://lists.debian.org/20111002204150.40d0275d@yeh1.parsec


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:03 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.