Old 10-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Camaleón

Default portable driver

El 2011-10-03 a las 17:51 +0200, Ralf Mardorf escribió:

(resending to the list)

> On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 12:11 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> > How to give a label to a partition? I always make that step when
> > formatting the drive but it can be done afterwards with "tune2fs" or
> > "e2label" utilities (on ext2/3/4 based filesystems). Read man page for
> > detailed info on how to use them :-)
>
> Oops, tune2fs -L doesn't work anymore for ext4?! I can't remember,
> perhaps I label the ext4 partitions, when partitioning them. At least
> it's possible to give a label name when using the Debian installer.

How can be that? :-?

I still don't have any ext4 filesystem to try out but "man tune2fs"
seems pointing to ext4 as well.

> GParted for testing seems to do the job too, perhaps some prefer using a
> GUI.

There are desktop GUI based tools that can also cope with that, like
GNOME's palimpsets.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 10-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Wayne Topa

On 10/03/2011 12:14 PM, Camaleón wrote:

El 2011-10-03 a las 17:51 +0200, Ralf Mardorf escribió:

(resending to the list)

On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 12:11 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

How to give a label to a partition? I always make that step when
formatting the drive but it can be done afterwards with "tune2fs" or
"e2label" utilities (on ext2/3/4 based filesystems). Read man page for
detailed info on how to use them :-)

Oops, tune2fs -L doesn't work anymore for ext4?! I can't remember,
perhaps I label the ext4 partitions, when partitioning them. At least
it's possible to give a label name when using the Debian installer.

How can be that? :-?

It isn't. I just changed the Label on an ext4 partition using tune2fs -L

It seems that Mr Mardorf is mistaken, yet again. His FUD rating is
continuing to rise.

Archive: 4E89E7B0.10606@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E89E7B0.10606@gmail.com

Old 10-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Wayne Topa